Super Jet First ski won't start, please help

I just bought a squarenose off a buddy only mods are protec pipe, ride plate, and air filter. it was winterized and stored outside covered since last aug. Worked great last season no problems, but when I go to shake the dust off it will turn over fine but when it starts to catch It consistently backfires. She sounds like she wants to start but chokes out. Basically turns over, putters for a sec, backfires and dies. I've gone through the electrical box cleaned it up inside, new battery, fresh gas, new plugs, etc just basic preseason tune up. It's got good spark and lines are clear, I've been banging my head the last three days. If anybody has had any experience or may be able to diagnose this..? Any comments or advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Last edited:

ntrsspray

I do DUMB THINGS!!
Sounds like a timing issue. Pull the flywheel cover. Possibly sheered the woodruff key. It happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The timing was the issue and sure enough the woodruff key wasnt even in it. Drunk friends working On skis= epic fail lol I'm in irvine area I'll throw a pic up later today. I Might as well, with The help I got here will def be sticking around a while! Thanks again kind sirs

Top Bottom