650/X-2 First X2 Build

mail6.jpgmail7.jpgmail.jpgmail2.jpgmail3.jpgmail4.jpgmail5.jpgSo here we go this is my first build with a lot of help from friends and a lot of time spent fixing this basket case of an x2 that I traded from a 650sx. Was told it was good to go and there was a 3 inch hole in the bottom of the case with zero compression... go figure.... so I did what anyone else on here did and tore it apart completely and started fresh.

And yes thats jb weld underneath the nose...

So Mr WillCastner and I decided to make a list of parts that I should put into this build to do it right so here it goes and this is what is going into the x2...

Its an 89 so we went with the rad dudes direct steer fix
surf brace by rad dudes
Rhaas Products motor mounts
small pin 750
pjs manifold
factory b head pipe
blaster chamber
750 electronics
fly aerotaper backcountry bend bars
odi grips
Dakine Footstraps
dual 500gph bildges
OCD solutions surf armour switch and wiring harnes (awesome products)
blowsion blue anodized finger throttle
blowsion blue anodized 90 degree pisser
blowsion blue anodized bow eye
blowsion blue anodized strait bildge fittings

and right now it has a 9/17 prop so im going to run it so see how it feels but i have a feeling im going to be going with the infamous 13/18 cut back

mail13.jpg

mail12.jpgmail16.jpgmail17.jpgso the outside was just about finished and i flipped it over to start sanding out the jb weld and some cracks in the bottom and re fiberglassed the weak parts and the nose.... check out this 650 motormail14.jpgmail15.jpg

mail18.jpgmail19.jpgmail20.jpgso i decided to paint the bottom black and the top deck white which came out really well and painted the engine compartment black alsoxdos.jpg

Top Bottom