Foot Strap Setup...

I've decided to go with some footstraps on my SXR. Mainly because the cost of doing a foothold project and my lack of experience with things of that nature, is just too much right now, but most likely will be done in the future...

Here's my plan, any and all ideas are welcome...

Went to Home Depot, found some possible mounting otions. Thought about using some EZ Anchors and LOCTITE Marine Epoxy to hold down a set of Dakine X Lace straps. This setup looks to me the most similar to Blowsion's Strap install kit and costs way less. Think I'd have to drill a hole first? or are these anchors able to bite into the deck and drill in? I was thinking drill the anchors in, backing them out, putting some epoxy in there, then reinstalling them and use the excess epoxy to seal up around the head.

On to the second issue...

Where? I've seen sooo many different and unique setups out there, but haven't had the chance to ever test any out. I know it's all personal preference but I mostly ride lakes with heavy and big boat traffic... I was thinking 2 straps in the back at 45 degree angles, and one up in the left corner since I almost always have my left foot forward. I don't think I ride with an agressive stance like on a skateboard like some of you do so I think this setup would be the most versatile for me... 2 in the back to "simulate" a foothold setup to take advantage of the cruiser boat wakes, and the one up in the front for a little bit more control while taking aggressive turns.

Am I going in the right direction with all this? I know alot of ya are gonna say just do footholds, but to me, that's just not what I want to do right now...

Attachments

• 0621101352.jpg
    0621101352.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 0621101344.jpg
    0621101344.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 59
  • 0621101711.jpg
    0621101711.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 74

oxnard111

Creative RE Purchasing
Those drywall anchors might work. I like how they are completely sealed on the bottom, but one thing I'd be worried about is how course the threads are on the outside of the anchor. Seems like the whole depth of the tray may only be as thick as the thread distance of the anchors.

If you do end up using them, I would drill a smaller hole first as a pilot hole so you don't spider crack the tray when installing... Just drill the pilot hole, squirt some of the epoxy into the hole, then install the anchor.

On another note, on a sxr you should not be as concerned with water intrusion as on a superjet. The rear of the sxr is already exposed to water from the drain plug.

i did them like that on my new superjet. ill be changing to footholds this winter. i made aluminum brackets for mine and glassed them down. the straps tend to catch my feet if i fall a certain way, which is pretty sketchy. my advice is to do the holds instead.

A new concern I have after looking at the ski closer.... is there enough depth to safely place an insert in there without going too deep and penetrating thru into the pump area? It is really hard to tell how thick the tray is at its thinnest point...

Top Bottom