Super Jet Footholds padding?

I just started padding my water craft factory footholds. I have one layer of 9mm padding underneath and above my foot.
footholds.jpg
The problem is that my foot cant to all the way into the hold with shoes on because the bridge of my foot hits much before my ankle does. I am thinking about cutting off the bottom underpad to make more room. Any suggestions?

Dmac80sc

Site Supporter
If you think about it the padding on the bottom is going to help absorb a little of the shock from landing. Personally I would try and shave a little off the top and see if you can make that work first and leave the bottom till you really have to lose more.

I have the similiar dilema. Mine are same shape holds as yours and they laid only 10 mil pad on top and bottom, and it's freaking painfull. Everytime I kick in, it's like getting a 2x4 to the top of my foot! This week, I'm going to reshape the top of the hold a bit(fiberglass) something more to the shape of my foot and then I will try as much padding as it takes to the top.

1/2" eva pad + 1/4" of turf on top, and 1/4" pad + turf on bottom.
I like more padding on top of my foot personally
Top of me feet bones need comfor when pulling up on 300lb boat
Bottoms been gettin walked, ran, and jumped on for 30 years.
My 2c ;)

Last edited:
I agree with jd91. Better sacrifice padding under your feet to make it fit right. The more padding you have on the top the more comfortable those holds will feel.

Thanks everyone, I plan on cutting out spots for my feet on the bottom underpad. Before I thought this was just for looks but its gonna help make a better fit. One step closer to getting the ski in the water.

Top Bottom