Freestyle Footholds, turf?

My bro in law wants md to help him throw some footholds in his 01 six pro. Should we go with the precut turf or just buy the rolls? Also any brand suggestions on the turf/footholds? Thx

Love my diggers,also liked the fact they sell stiched pockets for the hold. buy a roll or two, the precut stuff is too short and wont allow for padding under it. dont forget to pad the sides and the tray...

NOOOO lol. just get regular old sheets

What is it about the precut ones that make them not as good. I'm theory it would seem easier to have them cut to size. Thanks for all the feedback. Also should he try and buy some kind of kit that would include expoxy and everything needed? If no on a kit, can the expoxy and the other accs if any be purchased locally or do they need to be ordered from the same guys who have the footholds/turf?

to save some money you'll be better off just buying the turf and two sheets of padding online. I used 8mm on the tray and 5mm on the sides and dash. the epoxy can be bought from your local hardware store. use weldwood in the red can, it works better than the blowsion stuff.

precut sheets might save a little time but are typically cut too short and leave gaps. if you go through the trouble to put in turf and holds might as well make it look pretty too.

to save some money you'll be better off just buying the turf and two sheets of padding online. I used 8mm on the tray and 5mm on the sides and dash. the epoxy can be bought from your local hardware store. use weldwood in the red can, it works better than the blowsion stuff.

precut sheets might save a little time but are typically cut too short and leave gaps. if you go through the trouble to put in turf and holds might as well make it look pretty too.

We'll need some fiberglass tape too, right? Can that be had at the hardware store as well?

I bought the foothold install kit from blowsion since I ordered everything else from them. uscomposites.com has everything you need much cheaper though. you dont need much fiberglass or epoxy, the smallest amount should be fine. I dont know if epoxy resin is available from a hardware store. I know west marine has it in stock but its waaay overpriced

i'm about to order everything for this project as well, do you think two sheets would cover the tray, sides, and rails? or should i go with 3? Thanks

Edit: Where did everyone order the under padding from? I don't see it on blowsion.

Last edited:
Top Bottom