Other Fuel economy/tank time

HOW long are you guys getting out of a tank of fuel. Stock sxr tank. Depending how I am riding I get from 35 minutes going fast on flat water To an hour and change in the surf.

Dasa 970cc PV
Factory Drypipe
NOVI 48
T3 Ignition
Jetnetics Flywheel
Magnum 145 Set back
4.5 gallon fuel tank

That sounds pretty good. A lot of freestyle boats have such rich pilot/popoff settings then they guzzle gas in the surf too.

Last edited:

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
I get an hour and a half to 2 hours in surf at best with an SS 865 w dual 46's and full to the brim stock superjet tank.

If someone made an oversized tank for an sj I would buy it in a heartbeat.

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
It also depends on jetting. I have large needle and seats with big low speed jets. It uses a lot of fuel putting around on the low speed circuit.

Its all about the surf!
Compared to SJ's, stock SXR's drink the gas. Build em up and it only gets worse. In the time my SXR burns through a whole tank, My SJ will still have about 1/3 of a tank left

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
That's mostly because SXR is much heavier and it's got a bigger motor. The hull handling likes full throttle and that doesn't help the fuel consumption.

Tyler Zane

Open Your Eyes
I knew the big bores used some fuel, but wow! I feel like I have a Prius compared to you guys' Corvettes.

no kidding!

i get 3+ hours easy in the surf. very rarely do i burn more than 2 tanks in a a single day.

jetworks ported 701, on .5 overbore
E.P.I.C.
140 mag
modded 38's
b pipe
oem sj tank (5ish gallons?)

Scorn800

Ride for life
Riding the lakes around here I commonly get 4-5 hours on one tank. Normal mods...jetted 38's, bpipe, msd, compression...etc. Usually running it pretty hard too.

No way, maybe riding 15mins an hr.

My limited sxr get about 45mins riding wfo and stocker get just about 1hr

no kidding!

i get 3+ hours easy in the surf. very rarely do i burn more than 2 tanks in a a single day.

jetworks ported 701, on .5 overbore
E.P.I.C.
140 mag
modded 38's
b pipe
oem sj tank (5ish gallons?)

Yea seriously, talk about guzzling gas, didn't know it was half what you guys go through. On my 650sx I get 3+ hours without even trying on flat water, and I have a 3 gallon tank. Small cc for the win lol.

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
When I ride flat, I try to always bring a watch... and make it a point to come back in and check the gas after 1hr-1:15. On average I have a 1/4 tank or close to left, I try not to go less then that. SS865 w/46's, stock tank.

No way, maybe riding 15mins an hr.

My limited sxr get about 45mins riding wfo and stocker get just about 1hr

I have no reason to lie about it.. I don't just ride for a few minutes and then go sit on the shore for 30 when im at the lake. 4 hours is pretty average on 5 gallons...I do quite a few wide open runs as well and alot of playing on boat wakes.

I have no reason to lie about it.. I don't just ride for a few minutes and then go sit on the shore for 30 when im at the lake. 4 hours is pretty average on 5 gallons...I do quite a few wide open runs as well and alot of playing on boat wakes.

Sounds right if I'm getting 3 gallons for 3 hours, and have a less high performance engine.

Top Bottom