Other Go pro Mounting. ideas and well how you all mount you go pros?

Go pro Mounting. ideas and well how you all mount you go pros? Did you all make custom mounts or just use stock. Also any pics would be cool.

Dmac80sc

Site Supporter
I just tried the helmet mount this weekend and really like the angle great for chasing people around and shooting. I also have the cold fusion mount that is hard mounted to my ski. It it great though and you can point it to you or any angle really. Little pricy but you will never break it or lose a go pro.

I ziptie the case shut. I had one come open in the ocean and the camera get lost. A zip tie is cheap insurance and easy to cut off when you need to.

Tying a lanyard is always a good idea. We use high strength fishing line. Thin and very very strong.

Anybody try using the bow eye or u bolt on the front of the ski. I think i would give a nice personal view.

I also likek to wear the chestie facing backwards

Its all about the surf!
Helmet and POV footage can both be easily set up with the provided GoPro mounts. Video from a Helmet mounted cam perspective in Non fisheye is the best. This is how we normally see the world and how our brains process information best. The majority posts there vids in POV because its easy to set up with the mounts provided but IMO POV footage sucks! It's only good when used as complimentary filler to regular non POV footage. Anytime there's more than 15-20 sec of POV in a 3 minute clip I get a headache, I never get past the first 30 seconds in all POV footage videos. When it comes to mounts, If you want the really good footage, you have to make something custom.

Top Bottom