good deal?

SuperjetSteve

Go Big or Go Home
iv talked to him about that ski.He told me hes going to keep it.Hes on the boards somewhere.He just ordered a ******** load of mods for it.Hes selling a 650sx tho.

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
'rebuilt engine'

that scares me.

Most folks I know, dont rebuild an engine WELL and then sell the boat.

a decent rebuild costs more than a squarenose.

that makes me think, it could be an OLD crank and bottom end, with a WSM or some other 'JUNK' top end, with jeebus knows who's machine work.

so I look at it as core value.

if it runs, then great, but its a $500 boat to me.

I'd say it's worth more than $500 too - geez the motor is worth that at least.

showmepro1200

ISJWTA Member #007
'rebuilt engine'

that scares me.

that makes me think, it could be an OLD crank and bottom end, with a WSM or some other 'JUNK' top end, with jeebus knows who's machine work.

Makes sense - thats why I like ones that havent been jerked around with - so I know what I'm getting.

Odd Duck

Jet Vet
'rebuilt engine'

that scares me.

I'm glad you explained that, I was sitting here wondering "Why's he lowballing so bad"?

That makes a lot of sense. I'm sure my hubby would have thought of that, but I'm only the assistant to the mechanic. :biggrin:

AtomicPunk

Lifetime bans are AWESOME
Site Supporter
This guy is getting over $2100 for this 93 with Mods....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1993...ryZ31267QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Really clean ski but cmon it is a 650!

I sold my 92 SN in 1996 for $2500 (paid $3900 new in 92). Had about the same mods. When I was interested about getting back into riding a couple years ago I priced a new ski. I freaked out that they were
listing for $6400! That is the only thing that I can think of that makes used skis sell for what they do these days.

You can gate a decent SN for 1000-1200. With Mods 1500

I looked long and hard for a $2000 RN... they are very scarce. Even a $2500 RN can be hard to find.

If you are new to standups a cheap SN would be a good starter boat. If you have 3K to spend find a good RN, it will hold its value.

Good Luck!

Top Bottom