300/440/550 Good find

N2 H2O

Previously Tbone550
I picked up a ton of stuff this weekend for cheap. There were two complete skis that hadn't been run in a while and a ton of parts. One of the hulls is prepped for paint and the other one is painted with an ac aluminum pole. The one prepped for paint had a viper 7000 in it and the painted hull had a pp 550 with a sbn44, k&n f/a, a milled head, and a bcw intake mani. I have so many parts that I will be trying a variety of setups with the viper motor. My initial setup will be The viper 7000 in the painted hull, dual 38mm keihens, tau ceti f/a's, westcoast pipe, mariner waterbox, aluminum driveshaft, 440 pump w/ a 16* solas, westcoast open intake grate, and an ocean pro finned rideplate. I also got a 550 pump with a 15.5 skat with a bored nozzle and an ocean pro nozzle that I might try. I'll also try the westcoast flat rideplate I got. I dropped the viper motor and the 440 pump setup in the painted hull and poured a little gas down the carbs and it fired right up. I poured a little gas in the tank(came with a ocjs oversized tank) and It fired up and ran on the hose for a minute. The tuning seems dead on. Can't wait to ride this thing, but there is an electrical drain. I'm not sure if it was the bilge pumps, but I plan to test the ebox tomorrow. This thing sounded like a beast last night when it fired up. I'm hoping to get this one running and keep it then piece together the other one and sell it and a few parts and I should have most of my money back out of this. Both hulls, motors, and the two pump setups there were in the hulls are setup for dual cooling. I got everything for $1000. The guy also gave me a bunch of old catalogues and a clymers manual. Here's a bunch of pics of everything.
DSC01233.jpg
DSC01228.jpg

DSC01225.jpg

DSC01223.jpg

DSC01221.jpg

DSC01220.jpg

DSC01219.jpg

DSC01217.jpg

DSC01216.jpg

DSC01215.jpg

DSC01213.jpg

DSC01212.jpg

DSC01208.jpg

DSC01206.jpg

DSC01205.jpg

DSC01204.jpg

Last edited:

screaming440

The Old Skool Professor
that is a Chris Fischetti paint job on your ski.

the 550 pump is a mixed flow pump and not good for a high performance ap. all the old race skis used a 440 driveline cuz the 440 is an axle flow pump. so if you want to really use the power that motor can make go with a 440 pump. since you got a pjs 440 pump i'd use that!

also if you use the 440 driveline be sure you have a hub support cuz this motor will likley rip the bulkhead out of your hull in short time without one.

N2 H2O

Previously Tbone550
I'm looking for a bulkhead brace. I won't run it very long of hard without one, but I have to ride it this weekend some. I'm definately sticking with the 440 pump. I just ordered fuel and cooling line. I'm pretty much done with the viper ski. The final list of mods are: viper 7000, dual keihen 38's, Tau ceti f/a's, westcoast pipe, mariner waterbox, 440 pump w/ 16* solas, aluminum driveshaft, dual bilge pumps w/ bar bilge switch, aluminum handlepole, 4* bars, quick steer, pole spring, primer, ocean pro finned rideplate, westcoats scoop grate, ocjs oversized gas tank, pjs pump, and dual cooling.
DSC01238.jpg

Last edited:

N2 H2O

Previously Tbone550
I'll check out all the cranks. I got a coupel of them. One of them is still in a set of cases with studs if you need that.

N2 H2O

Previously Tbone550
I rode it today for the first time and it is a beast! This thing has insane snap. Still have a few issues I need to work out. I'm looking for a pjs dual carb f/a because the tau ceti's hit the hood and wouldn't let it close. They work on all my other skis, just not with this one. The bulkhead brace, fuel line, cooling line, and hopefully a f/a should be here wednesday or thursday, so It''l be in full action next weekend.
IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

N2 H2O

Previously Tbone550
The bars are 0* blowsion with odi xtremes. What do you mean by pole setup? It has a single pole spring, quick steer, beef-it pole braces, umi pole limit strap.

N2 H2O

Previously Tbone550
Finally got the viper ski pretty much done. I got new fuel and cooling lines and had to buy the PJS f/a and the Westcoast bulkhead brace. The cdi is overheating and makes it run bad after a few minutes, but I have another one that should work that I will install tomorrow. I plan to put in footholds this winter and ditch the lifter wedges, but I just want to ride it for now. The hydroturf is starting to come up in the back and needs to be re glued too. Here's the final list of mods:Viper 7000
Dual keihen 38's
PJS f/a
Westcoast pipe(have head pipe for a pjs, will get the chamber for it this winter)
PJS exhaust manifold
Mariner waterbox
Jettrim front hull braces(more coming soon)
Goki motor mounts
Aluminum 440 driveshaft
Afterburner pump w/ 16* solas
Westcoast open intake grate
Ocean Pro finned rideplate
Ac Aluminum handlepole
650 Quick steer plate
4* bars
Dual 500gph rule bilge pumps w/ blowsion bar switch
Westcoast bulkhead brace
trigger throttle
Pole spring