Other Good idea for holds?

Hey everyone,
Im new to the website and got my first ski right before the end of the summer, a 650 sx. Two weeks later upgraded to a 1991 sn 701, i was addicted. Ive been planning on putting foot holds on my ski before next summer and have been looking at watercraft factory molds. I just dont want to rip out the fairly new turf. Then when riding my freebord I saw how they are like the exact same thing as foot holds except there wouldnt be as much tray space.
.bindings.gif
The mounting plate can be flipped so it is under the hold and i could just bolt it down to the tray. It could be partially adjustable, height and angle. Anybody think this is a good idea? I havent put too much thought into it but just an inexpensive alternative.
http://www.getboards.com/freebord-s2-adjustable-bindings/?gclid=CIvVy5nXn7QCFU-d4Aod_kQAZw

One of the benefits of footholds is expanding your tray size. I dont see that happening with these as they just screw in the tray. Better off getting footstraps. My $.02
I have the watercraft factory holds and love them

are you putting that on a flat deck or something? I would also think those aren't quite sturdy enough, it would be nice if the mounting area went all the way around under your foot and maybe even in front of your foot (throwing around a board is a little different than a 300lb ski). I like the idea though for a flat deck at least.

you arent going to be able to mount them as sturdy as they are on the freeboard. besides thoes binding dont cover enough of your foot to actully keep you locked in. just get a pair of straps.

Just brainstorming, thanks for the input. Im gonna put in wcf holds in the next few weeks. While i have the turf off im also thinking about painting it. Since i have a few months before i can ride is there any recommended mods to do while the turf is off and before paint?

Top Bottom