GOPRO a day in the surf teaser

ProSouth

Seriously, Don't be a dick.
tumblr_mh3lskMYX91qfdu94o1_400.jpg

timoNZ

less work more surf
Yep that's me "more power !!!!!!!!!!"

Its not the most practical gopro mount for the surf, but it sure does some cool footage. the camera is mounted on a carbon tube that spins on a bearing mounted on the helmet. It is free to spin. it tends to rotate as you turn the ski or your head.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Is the GoPro itself also free to spin on the end of the tube? It seems that it keeps focus on you while the tube rotates it around you.

if this camera is pointed inward on a fixed joint. it will always be focused on him. think about whirling a tetherball around a pole. no matter where the tetherball is in relation to the pole. the side with the string attached to it will always be facing the pole...... same concept. the only joint in his whole contraption is the center bearing from which the carbon rod spins around on.

super cool, seen these on the mountain bikes and I know drift cameras, kinda like gopro but different has one and uses it for mountain biking, they even have a small motor that swivels around your head at a constant speed, ive heard the pretty heavy and cant take much of a hit before they snap, IE under rotated backflip....... can we see some pics of yours, I love how the video came out super cool. better make sure to put a floatation device 0n it like a key chain boat floatie and conduet insulation on the pole work great as well. super sick video!!!

Top Bottom