Other GOPRO tips and techniques

So it seems that every sport has perfected the use of the gopro. However, when im scouring through the youtube videos i dont see a lot of mind blowing jet ski footage. I know there's some good stuff out there. I think its just burried under the vast amount of amatures' footage. I thought I would start a thread where people can highlight/post short clips of high quality, professional level, or creative gopro footage. I dont think this has been done on here yet. if it has I'm sorry.

Also, if you have creative ideas you want someone to try, or cool things you have tried yourself that you think others will like, post it here. where did you mount it that made for some cool and unique shots? what effects did you use? do you have a song that would go awesome with a jet ski vid unlike any other?

This is not a thread inviting everyone just to post every gopro video you've ever made. thats what the 'pics and vids' section is for. but if you have an awesome shot in one of your videos, cut that unique section and brag about it here. I'm hoping this can be more of a tutorial/instructional thread that will allow us all to help eachother produce quality films.

i think you guys get the idea.

I have seen some people use there camera mounted on a pole. This seems to provide a good angle looking back at the skier or others around you. You can also pass it back and forth since there is something to grab ahold of.

Murdock

'03 SJ
rain-x is a must, helps clear the lense.

I prefer when the person wearing the helmet cam focuses on filming other riders.

JamesG

Site Supporter
For better view area, go with the 1080+ settings.
For the best slow motion, go with the 60+fps settings
I like helmet camera footage, but I also really enjoyed Mark Gomez's mounted GoPro setup back in the day. (Black SJ)

Last edited by a moderator:

loictahiti

Site Supporter
we made some vid with 3 different pole, one in back , very hight ( 9 foot ), one in front as mark Gomez, and one on a side pole (4,5 foot)

sorry for the crapy pics on first one (came from vid)

podARG.jpg

on SJX2 side

SJX2GOPRO1.jpg SJX2GOPRO2.jpg SJX2GOPRO3.jpg SJX2GOPRO4.jpg

none on front pole

rain-x is a must, helps clear the lense.

I prefer when the person wearing the helmet cam focuses on filming other riders.

Trick surfers use (my bro surfs with go-pro on his board) is if you actually lick the lense(with your tongue), your saliva keeps the water from beeding on the lense

Its all about the surf!
Trick surfers use (my bro surfs with go-pro on his board) is if you actually lick the lense(with your tongue), your saliva keeps the water from beeding on the lense

The problem with licking the lens is you need to re-lick it often, like every 10-15 minutes in order for it to work. That works fine for a surf board mounted GoPro thats easily accessable. When your Go Pro is helmet mounted, taking your helmet off every 15 minutes can be a real pain in the azz. For helmet mounted GoPros Rain X is still the best option. The trick is to apply the Rain X 3 separate times before riding, so it lasts the entire 2 hr ride. Even with Rain X you still need to dunk the camera occaisionally to get rid of the mist water spots.

loictahiti

Site Supporter
i don't think your, SS cables stop shaking, just stop right mouvement , you need to stop up mouv , when the SJ noze touch water, the Gopro want's to kiss you .

what kind of handlepole you have ? very cool

Mr Bojangles

Lord of the Dance
i don't think your, SS cables stop shaking, just stop right mouvement , you need to stop up mouv , when the SJ noze touch water, the Gopro want's to kiss you .

what kind of handlepole you have ? very cool

There is another cable not shown that goes under the ski to stop it from going forward. If anything the bloody face shot will look cool.

Thanks, it's a PFRacing pole.

Top Bottom