Super Jet group k freestyle engine

anyone use this setup ? a friend has most of the parts to get this done .just wondered who is using it and how well it works thanks

not compared to any other engine buildup of the same CC though. Not too sure about their work. but a complete package of 845cc for what, like $1850 or something like that? Thats pretty cheap considering what your getting.

Tyler Zane

Open Your Eyes
when i first got my sj and started looking for engine builders, group k had my attention. after much research i found that they are very reliable but also very conservative. if your doing this from across the world anyways, you could choose any builder you want. i found that, xmetalworks, jet works, and LPW are some of the most popular. they didnt become popular because they look cool either.

The same shops have modding the same engines for the last 20 years, do you really think one is going to be much better than another.

I guess the shops can do well with enough advertising hype since this sport has such quick turnover. Buying an engine and having it work as expected is almost a matter of luck. There is always too much pump and carb tuning required to work with the customers existing parts and riding style.

lonloud

Stuntin daily
There is almost ZERO feedback on this setup. I was going to run this setup this season and could not find one person to recommend it. I offered to do a full build/review on the 845 it for a slight discount but harry was not interested. Seemed like he would sell quite a few if there was even one decent good forum review on it, but whatever. SOOOOO i went with the 86mm big bore option. i sent my cylinder to Northwest sleeve along with some new 86mm wiseco pistons. Had it back very quickly. As alot of people may know the northwest sleeves are already opened up towards freestyle as far as the ports go. They port matched my cylinders along with the new sleeves and all. Turns out to a 789cc, It rips hard! Im running dual 44's, bpipe, msd, mag pump, riva head. Been riding this setup hard since april with no problems. Also once you buy the pistons it was only about $600 for the work from NW sleeve making it way cheaper than the 845 kit and hey look someone here can vouch for it! :) :)

2010-03-04 10.36.57.jpg

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I guess the shops can do well with enough advertising hype since this sport has such quick turnover. Buying an engine and having it work as expected is almost a matter of luck. There is always too much pump and carb tuning required to work with the customers existing parts and riding style.

What exactly is your experience with this?
I have had two engines built, and never had the issues you are talking about there.

I have become picky about tune and performance. I know its easy to make a big custom engine perform worse than well tuned stock cyl. A lot of people have proven that, usually when they add too much prop along with that cool pump stuffer. BTW the groupk 845 runs good. Its more responsive than a standard oversize sleeve with about the same peak power.

Matt_E

Site Supporter
You do have a point about tuning. I had my builder of choice build me a complete package from carbs to pump. That eliminates the piecing together and guess work.

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
Blowsion has also been using a very similar setup for a while, I bet there are a few guys on the boards who have seen or ridden one of those.

Im running Harrys(GroupK)845cc big bore kit this kit has a ton of power the best bang for the buck if building on a budget im very happy with this setup iv been running this all season an have not had one problem with my ski.

Matt_E

Site Supporter
Have you by chance compared it to other big bore setups in that price range?
It would be nice to get some comparisons.

And how much did it end up costing you?

wayne

wannaroll
i bought skinnyman's complete setup, engine, electrics, carb, pipe, and pump. i really like it. he said i could get 20% more power with a few little mods. all i know is it hits like a tank. he kicked himself for selling it. however, it does not hit like his 920 pv motor.

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
Got a rn sj in my garage right now that has a groupk 845 going into it.Also a second one is being done in the area.Harry has always been conservative in his builds.My personal experience with 2 sleeper builds have been very reliable and have run great for years.After meeting Chuck and having 2 xscream motors done by him,l won't go anywhere else.

yeah i got a chance to ride my buddys he has 846xmetal it seemed to pull a little harder but im also running a stock pump as he is running a mag pump. it ended up costing me 3,380 with the oem 44 carbs an intake an 62tcyc, that i bought used on ebay, but harrys work with lighten fly wheel ,tured an welded crank, milled head, porting, boring, pistons,half griddle,an assembly for the 845 big bore was far cheaper than everyone else, i checked in to jetworks an talked to art an he wanted that much for a 771 with a small stroke an no carb work. i was just trying to get the best bang for my budget so my wife would not kill me, but when i got my motor back it was ready to go i will deff do buisness with harry again.

Top Bottom