Headed out to the lake today... Ohio... anyone wanna come?

Ericfox

Do it twice?That's DooDoo
Anyone from Ohio wanna come tune/ride today? I will be at springfield lake which is close to Akron...

Going to take a 1/2 day off since it is going to be like 79 and sunny all day here in ohio which is CRAZY... so I'm taking the project to the lake to finalize it... going to try to adjust FCV, tune carbs, and tune pipe... and hopefully ride for a few minutes afterwards if everything goes right...

I will also be trying my ripcurl 6/5/4 wetsuit... that thing is THICK! and no zipper... kinda a pain to get in and out of but damn is it warm... tried it on last night and felt like I was gonna pass out! lol...

Man I have to work plus mile9C1 is coming to get a ski plus DJ's movie release party.

Otherwise I would love to go rippin. Water temp down there is probably 10 degrees warmer than Erie I bet.

Have fun!!

Ericfox

I wanted to come to that party... we have to go to dinner with my Inlaws tonight... grrrr....

I still have JT's 3 and 4 coming my way though! Cant wait!

Ericfox

do you guys think I should use my 6/5/4 wetsuit? I just looked at the temps in lake erie and they are around 47.... so my little lake must be about 50 at least.... I have a 3/2 suit as well... has anyone been out at a lake this year yet around OH, MI, IN, PA, etc... that can give me some input?

Belleville Lake in Michigan, about 15 miles north of the Monroe area, was perfectly confortable last week in a 3/2 wet suit and neoprene socks. With the air temp at 79 you will be comforable for an all day ride.

Good Luck and Have Fun.

I'll be on Belleville lake as soon as I get out of work today!

Ericfox

awesome... thanks for the input... I guess I will be using my 3/2... I prob would have roasted in my 6/5/4 anyways since I will be tuning for an hour or 2 and will just be up to my knees for a good portion of that time...

Ericfox

yeah 47... got it off some lake erie website that seemed pretty good.... the lake I was at was like low 50s... wore the 3/2 and it was fine... a little chilly, but not bad... fell in about every 30 seconds.... not used to all this new power...

Motorheads5

Livin the generation gap
I am happy for you people that can run your skis even if your cold , actually I am jelous however we do know of a lake that recently had a road punched into it for a timber sale and we can legally go in there and run a gas engine ! we are in a wilderness area right the whole damm state is a wilderness area, anyway it is quite a way's from the road and we might helicopter into it to ride do you wanna see some pictures? we are thinking about it, gotta go over there and take a look I'll keep ya posted

Top Bottom