Super Jet HELP!!!! leaky superjet

superjetguy

It's hard to speak without a tongue.
i took my ski out for the first time of this season and it took in a lot of water, like 4 gallons, i rode only for 25 minutes and didnt crash or lean it over in the water. i have a sketchy foam hood seal (sketchy because i just dont trust it), bilge and pisser fittings, would these cause that much water to get in? or is it something else? where should i start on fixing it?

Check cooling lines or stock siphon bilge. Sometimes a line will pop off and flood the bilge compartment. Doubt it's a hood seal if you didn't lay or roll it over.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Did you remove the stock bilge and silicone the tube from the pump? Thats where my problem was, it was letting water in anytime it was just floating. Make sure your bilge outlets aren't too low on the ski, that can let in water aswell. If that isnt it look your cooling lines over good.

djraider700

lol wut?
The stock bilge should take care of most of the water that gets in. Put a hose to it and see if you can see where it's getting in. Your hood seal sounds suspect.

superjetguy

im going to block off the stock bilge if it already isnt done then hook it up to a hose and run it to see if a cooling line is leaking.. those are free to do. my brother told me sometimes footholds incorrectly installed can leak? would this be it? thanks for the fast replys guys

djraider700

lol wut?
If you're getting 4 gallons in from incorrectly installed footholds, you have pretty big problems lol.

What do you mean by blocking off the stock bilge? You want to keep that.

No you don't, mine was letting in enough to where I could only have one beer before having to go ride around to get the water out. removed it siliconed the tube, added a rule 500 and now it could float all day and not even run the bilge. Foothold can leak but the foam in the rear soaks that up and the firewall seperates the two area.

djraider700

lol wut?
No you don't, mine was letting in enough to where I could only have one beer before having to go ride around to get the water out. removed it siliconed the tube, added a rule 500 and now it could float all day and not even run the bilge. Foothold can leak but the foam in the rear soaks that up and the firewall seperates the two area.

Stock bilge doesn't leak at all if there's a loop in the system. Mine works flawlessly.

nucleus_coolins

Does things to makes the do goods
Stock bilge doesn't leak at all if there's a loop in the system. Mine works flawlessly.

Maybe his loop is sitting level? I think I remember reading somewhere that the loop must come up vertically for it to not let water in?

eeehh that doesnt make much sense tho i guess if he was riding it while it filled up. stock bilge should have been working while moving.

Last edited:

superjetguy

my cooling system isnt leaking and the bilge has already been blocked off... my rule 500 bilge isnt leaking either it has to be the damn hoodseal. where can i get one

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
No you don't, mine was letting in enough to where I could only have one beer before having to go ride around to get the water out.

Maybe you were drunk and kept pissing in it. Boo on your for drinking and riding.

Stock siphon bilge works perfect and does not leak. If it was leaking, it was broken, and should have been fixed instead of removed.

iangdesign

Cats, lots of cats!
Mid shaft leaking

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

There ya go!

I deleted my stock siphon bilge...usually I don't but wanted the line for dual cooling.

You also didn't mention if it's a SN or a RN. Stock SN hood is a leaky mother f'er. In any case get all the water out of the hull. Put it on a stand and turn on a garden hose and fill the hull with a gallon or so of water. Make sure the bottom of the ski is dry first, grab a beer and watch where the water comes out around the pump or driveshaft, may have to remove the ride plate and or intake grate to get a closer look. This should tell you where water is coming in or out of. If it is your midshaft housing you have one of two options. First get a new driveshaft housing, jet maniac carries them, or second go to home depot and get some waterproof window sealant take off the leaky midshaft housing and be generous around the sealing surface. Reinstall and let dry and you are good to go. Jetmaniac gave me that tip and, at the time I couldn't afford a new midshaft housing but it has been holding strong the last season. Next time I have the ski apart a new midshaft will be installed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom