HELP! My fountain hurts.

Chica68

I LOVE WATER!!!
Okay, on my 650 I had no prob. doing a fountain/zigzagging,,,

But OMG/OUCH:crying: its been 2.5 summers now on my SJ and the handle bars still bang the s@#t out my upper legs. I've read some of the older posts about sinking the nose deeper before throttling it, but still same painfull result.

Any more suggestions?

Last edited:
i drop my legs and let that pull the nose down steady. i also slip back at the pole base. it works for me, but every way is a little different. good luck!!

Chica68

I LOVE WATER!!!
humm... thanks,, i will try it. I also just thought of this; What if I put my ankles togather at/under the nose so as help keep the ski from jetting down beween my legs!!??
(i know that sounds kinky/weird). I will just try it this weekend and see what happens.

do you need aftermarket bilge pump(s) to do that? without sinking your ski?

hell yes!!! and then some. i swamped my engine just a few weeks ago and that was with 2x500's and a scupper.

and chica thats not weird what works, works!! i stick mine around it ;)

ctatv

2strokes forever
i dont know im getting into stand ups never had one I just have a jetboat and used to have a couch when i was a kid... Im collecting some knowledge while i collect some funds to pick up my own, aiming for a SN SJ

Boris

The Good Old Days
I can do a full lap of my lake (not that large) doing a fountain.

Just keep an eye on the air intakes on the hood, once they start to spend more time below water than above, it's time to ride out and let the scupper work.

It sucks that I'm so good at such a lame trick.

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
I can do a full lap of my lake (not that large) doing a fountain.

Just keep an eye on the air intakes on the hood, once they start to spend more time below water than above, it's time to ride out and let the scupper work.

It sucks that I'm so good at such a lame trick.
I AM AWESOME AT RIDING REALLY FAST IN A STRAIGHT LINE!,REALLY ITS ALMOST SCARY!

Ericfox

Do it twice?That's DooDoo
if I do a fountain I only go for about 5 seconds... I have a good aftermarket hood and a good hoodseal.... never have problems... never even run the bilge afterwards... scupper sucks it out in seconds... actually I have only run my bilge 2 times in the last 20+ times I have been to the lake since I put in the scupper...

I cut my fountains down to about 5 seconds also, maybe less and I always have alot of water in the hull afterwards. Maybe a hood mod is in order. Although I only recently installed my bilge, it seems 20-30 seconds of bilge time is needed with an 800GPH to empty it.

Top Bottom