Hello..
the protec instructions are not specific
or I just can't understand

There are two inlets on the head, two on the ex man
two on the elbow and one on the end of the pipe

Me thinks they are saying

Connect the pump to the closest barb on the manifold
the inside elbow to the aft head barb
the end of the pipe to the outside elbow barb. is this where I put the restrictor?
the fwd head to the bypass/thru hull fitting

This leaves the second manifold barb empty

Where am I going wrong here? Do I need to t in somewhere
any input would be much appreciated

Kohldanielzimmer

Sierra Nevada Runoff Rider
Site Supporter
You can T from the bulkhead waterline so both manifold inlets are in use. I cannot really comment on that being more effective than just one but it seems the cooling might be more even?

Cannibal

Tasty Human
The 2 on the manifold are water in. It is designed for use with dual cooling were you add another fitting to your pump to supply your engine more water. Depending were you live, this might not be necessary. If you only have one pump supply, I'd just get a T fitting and split your inbound water to both manifold fittings.

One fitting from your head goes to a pisser (it doesn't matter which one), the other goes to that outside water fitting on the elbow for water supply to the pipe, then comes out the inside elbow fitting and goes to another T fitting. One side of the T goes to another pisser while the other side goes to your stinger (the fitting on the outlet of the pipe). This is where you put a restrictor or Jetworks flow control valve.

Edit: now that I think about it, they didn't have you go to a T fitting for the stinger originally huh? It just went from elbow to stinger. You can set it up this way, or T it with a fcv.

Last edited:
on my pro tec pipe i added a y fitting to get water into both fittings on ex mani , then ran one from rear of cyl head to bottom fitting on exp chamber, from the front of the head out a pisser and from the upper fitting on exp chamber to my flow control valve and then into stinger fitting

Top Bottom