300/440/550 Help!!!!!!!!!

I have dual round bodied Mikuni carbs on a PJS dual manifold. I decided to junk the reserve/on/off tap as I also have a westcoast fuel pickup (both the main and the reserve are the same length). So I have two seperate direct feeds for each carb now.

My problem is that I have a fuel leak that is not only flooding my engine but also my hull. I think the base gasket on one of the carbs or a reed gasket is letting a slight leak into the hull but as for my engine!? Any ideas?

Can you get new needles and seats for these carbs still?

I have found, is that the carb in question is letting fuel into the engine when it is not running. The engine fills up and then fuel seeps from the carb and reed gaskets and then into my hull. The linkage between the two carbs was loose so I am wondering if the throttle was slightly open on the carb that is leaking thus causing fuel to dumped into the engine... What do you think?

if fuel is leaking out of your gaskets you need to replace them or you will have an air leak. also if the ski is not running how is the fuel getting in? the fuel pump only works when the ski is running or cranking over. what kind of ski is it? have you checked all the fuel lines?

i had the same problem with one of my carbs. i got a carb rebuild kit and that didnt work along with new needle and seat. what i ended up doing was taking the old spring for the seat and stretching it so that there was more pressure on the seat itself. that seemed to have taken care of the problem but i only used the carb once after. i am switchin it to a super bn on my ski now.

Top Bottom