hold on

Big Kahuna

Administrator
uh Brian, you do realize that 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of us on the X only ride twin cylinder standups dont you!!!!!!!!!

LOL

J/K....... has Dan ever made triple's before??

wsuwrhr

Purveyor of the Biggest Brapp
uh Brian, you do realize that 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of us on the X only ride twin cylinder standups dont you!!!!!!!!!

LOL

J/K....... has Dan ever made triple's before??

We have done plenty of stuff for GPR's. Do you know that Dan actually designed the GPR cylinder for Yamaha?

Brian

Big Kahuna

Administrator
I had heard stories about Dan doing work for yamaha, even that the "Lamey" cylinder was designed as replacement for the 61X cylinder, but that never came to be...... any truth to that?

wsuwrhr

The Lamey was designed to annilate the competition in watercraft racing in the late 80's-early 90's, nothing more, similar to what he did for the Banshee in the early 90's. At that time there was just nothing out there that could compare.

It was never slated for any other use than aftermarket purposes that I know of and he never said anything different to me.

I had heard stories about Dan continuing to do work for yamaha, even that the "Lamey" cylinder was designed as replacement for the 61X cylinder, but that never came to be...... any truth to that?

Last edited:

wsuwrhr

I heard Dan designed the 800 engine also for Yamaha..

That is also true, but basically the same cylinder/engine concept.

What jacked that motor up really, is when Seadoo came out with their boat that year, the motor was slanted, so for some reason Yamaha slanted their motor as well. The motor couldn't figure out which way to vibrate, so the motor never really took off in popularity. Years later now, a few people figured it out and started installing them in boats straight up like they sould have been in the first place.

Brian

Top Bottom