Blaster Hood Seal Installation Question

I just picked up a new OEM hood seal for my B1. ANy tips on installing this thing? I've read somewhere to put it in the groove with no glue and let it sit in the sun for a day so the seal takes the shape better. Some have recommended no glue, while otehrs recommend weather stripping cement.

I am turfing my stand up and will have some turf glue laying around, should I use this to glue the new seal down?

BTW I think I got a good deal, I paid $90 shipped for the new OEM seal.

where did you get the hood seal from
ebay.

Saw it there yesterday for $111, but it said buy now or make offer. I offered $90 and he accepted. I feel like I could have gotten it cheaper. My buddy says he could have gotten it for me cheaper from RIVA cause he knows someone. He's going to find out for me tomorrow what his cost would be. I'll be more than happy to let you know what price he comes back with.

our local hobbie shop sells ther own brand of super glue in larger volumes and the price is also good might check hobbie shops around your area. I see you live in florida and your name is jpass if that means you live near johns pass i use phils hobbie shop on park street just east of 66th..:headbang:

Last edited:
our local hobbie shop sells ther own brand of super glue in larger volumes and the price is also good might check hobbie shops around your area. I see you live in florida and your name is jpass if that means you live near johns pass i use phils hobbie shop on park street just east of 66th..:headbang:

Im in Orlando and do most of my salt water riding at Ponce Inlet. Thanks for the tip.

Keiran: My buddy's price from RIVA was $87.50. Not bad at all.

Not to sound cheap but my last two blasters I used 1/2 thick foam to seal door ways from home depot. Less than $10.00 use turf glue to help hold it in and I have never had a water problem. I ride only surf....:thinkerg:

Last edited:
Not to sound cheap but my last two blasters I used 1/2 thick foam to seal door ways from home depot. Less than $10.00 use turf glue to help hold it in and I have never had a water problem. I ride only surf....:thinkerg:

I have no problems with being thrifty, but I've read good and bad about other seals for the Blaster. I checked into the Watcon seal and they are very reasonable. I figured I might as well get an OEM and see how it works. For $90 I can't complain. If I was unable to get such a deal, I would have gone the thrifty route.

I see you're from Daytona, we should meet up one weekend this summer. We usually chill at the disappearing island at Ponce. My buddy also has a Blaster, the rest of my buddies ride two and three seaters.

Cool were prob going to ride this weekend at the ski zone if yall are around. I ride a lot at the inlet during the summer I've got a lot of friends with big skis that only ride in warm weather as well.

CJ407

YamaBlaster
I used one from pepboys and superglued it

Cool were prob going to ride this weekend at the ski zone if yall are around. I ride a lot at the inlet during the summer I've got a lot of friends with big skis that only ride in warm weather as well.
we can go to ponce or the beach it don't matter to me

Dontcha need to a special pass for that? Where's the closts ramp to launch to get there? I don't have a cart to drag my ski to the surf, so I would need to ride over. Doubt I'll make it this weekend, but we can trade info and we can meet up one of these days.

CJ407, I see you're from Orlando, where do you ride locally? I usually hit Conway or Butler when I'm hitting the fresh water.

Sonovabitch it doesnt fit. Way to small or am I missing something. I don't see how I could install it if I had to stretch it and glue it at the same time. If the seller doesnt have a replacement I am going to get one thru Watcon. See attached pics.

Attachments

• IMAG0395.jpg
    IMAG0395.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 51
  • IMAG0396.jpg
    IMAG0396.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 57
Top Bottom