Hood

bondra131

Thaat's braptaastic!
I want an aftermarket hood for RN made to look just like the stock one yet stronger with better baffling. Anyone know someone who builds such a thing? Lowered hoods are everywhere. I don't like em

bondra131

Thaat's braptaastic!
Thank you sir! Wow that's cheap.. I'm gonna call him up. I trust his glass work based off of having owned his chin pad at one point. Those things are stout!

I want an aftermarket hood for RN made to look just like the stock one yet stronger with better baffling. Anyone know someone who builds such a thing? Lowered hoods are everywhere. I don't like em

WAMILTONS GEN4 HOOD, amazing i have tried dozens of others, by far my favorite however, to make it look great need to change nose shroud and lower bracket

bondra131

Thaat's braptaastic!
Ok I talked to Jeff today and he does not make the RN replica hood kits. He threw away his mold for it. So I still am looking for this.. I have lowered blowsion bracket with x metal handle pole. I don't need lowered hood for those parts to be there. I hate lowered hood look. I will never put that on my ski lol

Ok I talked to Jeff today and he does not make the RN replica hood kits. He threw away his mold for it. So I still am looking for this.. I have lowered blowsion bracket with x metal handle pole. I don't need lowered hood for those parts to be there. I hate lowered hood look. I will nev

That sucks he doesn't make that anymore. Should update the website.
Probably looking at a custom made hood which is a lot of work.

bondra131

Thaat's braptaastic!
Exactly! And he didn't even offer to custom make it. He said it takes hours to make a mold.. I mean at this point I would pay upwards of $800 for the hood I want. I'm not a cheap ass I just want quality and I want it to look factory. Oem hoods suck big time

That sucks he doesn't make that anymore. Should update the website.
Probably looking at a custom made hood which is a lot of work.

Theres just too much labor involved in something like that to do it one off for 800$. Would have to be made with the intent of selling a few to break even. If a shop were charging someone for every hour it would take to have a good quality finish you would be spending thousands. I do paint and bodywork professionally so I know that road pretty well. The whole process is tricky and time consuming.

I have been fooling with the idea of making some custom hoods to resemble some of the old hard to find hoods like the r&d (which would be based off a stock hood since it wasn't really a low profile hood) and the 24-7 sr71 (currently in the process of bodywork on one I got for mad cheap), but even for me the mold making process is a bit overwhelming. It's not really something you can do in your spare time. Have to get into vacuum infused resin if you use epoxy resin. If you used polyester resin it would be easier to make the hood but it won't have the strength of epoxy up

I'm sure you know but the lowered brackets look way better with a low nose.

Last edited:
Man this sucks, I am in the market for a SJ and one of the things I dislike the most is the lowered hood and nose piece. I love the look of the factory nose (with cowl) and factory hood. It is super aggressive, IMO, and for some reason I can't shake the feeling if I purchase (literally everyone I am considering has a lowered hood and nose piece) I am gonna change it out for a stocker.

I understand the reasons, lighter, lower center of gravity, and hand holds if that is your thing...but man they throw off the look to me. This would have been a great find.....a lighter stock looking hood

Decisions, Decisions....

bondra131

Thaat's braptaastic!
Yea for sure I understand. I'm not Very glass fab educated. I wish someone made one. WDK one looked super nice and was cheap... I really hate lowered nose. Yes my x scream pole sits down inside the stock hood deeper but I don't think it looks bad it's like who cares. What I think looks bad is lowered hoods. I love the raised nose piece and hood shape of oem. That's what makes a RN superjet... it's sexy haha

Theres just too much labor involved in something like that to do it one off for 800$. Would have to be made with the intent of selling a few to break even. If a shop were charging someone for every hour it would take to have a good quality finish you would be spending thousands. I do paint and bodywork professionally so I know that road pretty well. The whole process is tricky and time consuming.

I have been fooling with the idea of making some custom hoods to resemble some of the old hard to find hoods like the r&d (which would be based off a stock hood since it wasn't really a low profile hood) and the 24-7 sr71 (currently in the process of bodywork on one I got for mad cheap), but even for me the mold making process is a bit overwhelming. It's not really something you can do in your spare time. Have to get into vacuum infused resin if you use epoxy resin. If you used polyester resin it would be easier to make the hood but it won't have the strength of epoxy up

I'm sure you know but the lowered brackets look way better with a low nose.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Blowsion use to sell just a liner. You cut out the OEM liner and epoxy in this liner. Not sure if it will save much weight. Been 13 years since I did it.... R&D, RPot use to make race hoods, they were lower in the front but stock height in the rear. But you have a better chance of finding a unicorn that farts cotton candy.

bondra131

Thaat's braptaastic!
Exactly where I'm at... lowered pole bracket is good and I have that but I can never ditch the oem hull look. Forget lowered hoods makes it look like a damn kawi sxi yuck

Man this sucks, I am in the market for a SJ and one of the things I dislike the most is the lowered hood and nose piece. I love the look of the factory nose (with cowl) and factory hood. It is super aggressive, IMO, and for some reason I can't shake the feeling if I purchase (literally everyone I am considering has a lowered hood and nose piece) I am gonna change it out for a stocker.

I understand the reasons, lighter, lower center of gravity, and hand holds if that is your thing...but man they throw off the look to me. This would have been a great find.....a lighter stock looking hood

Decisions, Decisions....

Top Bottom