how old were you the first time?

faster7581

Raceaholic
it took me over a year to get her on a ski. then sunday out of no where she wanted to get on and got pi**ed when i went back to shore. a few years she'll be ready to ride alone, hopefully she'll want to race!

Attachments

• haileeski5[1].jpg
    haileeski5[1].jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 143

ger87410

How did I get here?
I was 28.

Just started end of last year.

I keep telling everyone our kid's going to be riding a ski before she knows how to walk. :lmao:

Kaveman

Born in USA(not Kenya)
My first was 10 months old (poor choice of a young parent-me), my second was 3 and may third was 3. They all love to ride and my oldest now 13 can handle a standup quite well. He even has a couple trick freestyle manuevers to his credit.

ger87410

How did I get here?
My first was 10 months old (poor choice of a young parent-me), my second was 3 and may third was 3. They all love to ride and my oldest now 13 can handle a standup quite well. He even has a couple trick freestyle manuevers to his credit.

Why do you say it was a poor choice? Did something bad happen?

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
Looks like you got the pole on and installed!

How do you like it? Any pictures of my old pole kit installed on there so I can add 'em to my archives?

Kaveman

Born in USA(not Kenya)
No, everything went without event. I just believe that there is nothing a 10 month old can do to save himself if something were to go wrong. I would never take a child that young again.

z00m

UK X-H20
My boy was 10 months when he went on my sit down ski , and he's been on every year since, this year (my first stand up) he has gone solo, he's now 6, he can stand to ,:bananajump:

i went on my first stand up this year and after 10 yrs on a sit down, i remember floating in the surf holding on to my ski after 2 hours of trying to stand up ,thinking ive made a big mistake here, i now love it to bits,

Mick

faster7581

Raceaholic
roo. i got on there.. but i had to do some riggin to get it on, because xmetal is in havasu this week so i couldnt get bushings or bracket.. ill get some pics 4 you soon. it is sooo much better than the stock pole, i felt like i was hanging off the back of the ski with the stock pole

timbo512

Your Momma's Lover
No, everything went without event. I just believe that there is nothing a 10 month old can do to save himself if something were to go wrong. I would never take a child that young again.

Kaveman grew up is what he is trying to say. :pokey:

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
roo. i got on there.. but i had to do some riggin to get it on, because xmetal is in havasu this week so i couldnt get bushings or bracket.. ill get some pics 4 you soon. it is sooo much better than the stock pole, i felt like i was hanging off the back of the ski with the stock pole

Awesome, I am glad it worked out! Will look forward to the pictures.

Perhaps some Positive Feedback? :poke:

Scorn800

Ride for life
I was 8 and rode a rented Kawasaki 440 and my dad rode a 550 with a wedge on it.
I remember my parents had to lie and tell the rental guy I was 10 because that was the min age. This was down in the Cayman islands in 1983.

31, last summer was my first time on a stand up, now i dont want to ride anything else. my oldest son was on one just b4 he turned 2 i think and now he wont leave me alone and always wants to go out with me.

2lick

Brap!!!
17... a girlfriends family had one

I rode it loved it and the year after I bought it from them... 4 years later it looks nothing like day one but it is the ski I still have!!!

Top Bottom