Super Jet How short is your pole?? Help

ScottyRocker

Live To Ride
Hey guys
Just shortening my pre 08 roundnose pole. how much are you guys taking off these things? and how do u find them?
Any help would be much appreciated
Scotty

ScottyRocker

Live To Ride
theres about 1 3/8 of an inch inside the backet, so far ive taken 2 3/4 of an inch off, think i may leave it at that as i have a new blowsion shortened turn plate which should take another inch off, anyone else wanna share what they took off theirs?

on a stock pole i went -4 with umi turn plate. on my rrp pole i went -3 with rrp turn plate. my back hurt the 1st few rides but i nutted up and rode through the pain and now im fine. short pole is a must for surf riding.

SUPERJET-113

GASKETS FOR CHAMP BRAP!
Site Supporter
A short pole is mandantory on a Superjet IMO so you can get your weight forward for rolls, stabs, etc.
But a lot depends on your height and your arm length.
I chopped 5" and had Xmetal plate and straight bars for a total of -7.5". it worked great for me at 6' 1" tall.

Take a couple inches off and get a short plate and straight bars and try that. You can always go shorter.

If you cut more than about 2" off the bottom of the pole the bend on the pole won't match where the hood curves so it will look funny.

I have -4 and short steering, I wish it was -2 most of the time.

Last edited:

FlightPlanDan

Don'tTrustAfartAfter50
I'm 5'9" and a bit "stout"...lol.

It really depends on the kind of riding that you do.
I ride surf, attempt an air trick now and then, and carve waves. The shortened pole, for me, was one of the best things that I ever did to my ski.

I took 2.5" off the pole.....But, when you consider the 0-degree bars and shortened turn plate, it comes out to -5" or so.
Recreational riding IMO can be tuff with a pole that is too short.

I'm very pleased with my current length....(but my wife's not) lol.
I can always make it shorter if my needs change.

I also like the idea of shortening the stock pole because very few, if any, AM poles are foam filled. It's just another thing that can help right the ski if/when it gets away from you. (bilge pumps and scuppers don't work so well when the ski is upside down).

Being able to get your weight that little bit more forward really changes control. It's like "hey!, I can RIDE this thing now instead of dragging behind it!"

Great mod.

Last edited:

Frosty

New York Crew
I'm 6' tall and running a -6" pole, lowered bracket, short XMW turn plate and 2" riser bars (4 degree)... I love the set up... perfect for surf stance action.

Top Bottom