How To Bail !

P

PancakePete

Now since I never bail :haha: I will do my best to explain....

First off... Almost never Let go ! If your holding onto ski.. perferably bars. You know where that ski is thru the Bail....
Reason/example for ...
if your under the ski, and going down, and hit water. You will sink into water, where surface area of ski will hit water and keep ski at top and you just get pushed into water... holding on the whole time of course.

another example: I have had many throw aways in shallow or really nosed in backflips, barrels, flarrels and stabs.... If your coming in vertical and worried about drilling bottom and hurting boat and yourself.... My best advice is to push sideways off ski... kick and push off. that will throw you away from ski and push ski on an angle so it does not drill bottom.

Hold on to them Bars though... I can get some pic examples.
95% of the time I hold on... the other 5% make sure you kick that mother chucker clear...

Hope my Bail info helps someone ! :splatt:

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
The side kick off is what I tried Thursday, MY MISTAKE you ask, LETTING GO OF BARS.
Result, 12" bruise, softball size knot on back/side of right thigh and 4" bent X-metal bars.

I know not to BAIL, why can I not GET IT THROUGH MY THICK HEAD WHEN feet come out of the tray when inverted?????????????????????

Conquistador

B-Saw
Site Supporter
When I bail I never hold on to the bars. I may hold on if I'm landing inverted or something like that. From playing football as a kid & being as clumsy as I am I have just learned how to fall over the years.:splatt: It's all about body movement once you are airborn without the ski. Or I just flail.:headbang: It's sad that I'm such an expert on the subject.:banghead:

bs20bail7E0-1.jpg

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, I'm not recommending that you let go. That's just how I roll.:1244:

As lame as it sounds there doesn't appear to be a legal beach to ride on in NorCal. Pismo is cencal and quite the drive :[ Anyone know of any San Francisco beaches where I can hit the surf. Me and the buddy's are really looking for a place to hit some real waves.

why is it you see alot of ppl ditching on under rotated stabs(surf) not inverted or anything but just maybe 90* and a bail
ive always held on and nothing bad comes from it
im just pondering why i see that so much:borladuck:

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
listen to pete. kick off to the side. if you kick the ski infront of you while jumping forward you've got a good chance of landing on it.

BlowStuffUp

Twinkle Toes
jk is really good at bails. he does them very textbook. when youre in big surf you want to land close to the jet ski so that theres no swimming necesary to get to your ski. joe usually still has one hand still on the bars right up until he hit the water. controling your bails well helps not to destroy your ski. mike serlin bails pretty well too. he went on a bailing spree a while back and good at it.

Top Bottom