Super Jet hydroturf install question

Im finishing up installation and was wondering, for the "gunwale" cover in the back, I noticed some people dont re-use it and just glue the hydroturf over and under it while some people put it back on and glue the hydro turf over it. What do you guys think?

hydrpturf1.jpg

Wait what? And what's with the text being in a block of white? I glued my turf on the end, then cut it flush (so it didn't wrap under). I found it was harder to glue it up underneath than just on the end. I also used a piece of flatbar and 3 clamps to keep the pressure applied.

IS0LD0UT

I hate winter
I have always put that bumper back on with the superjets. I wrap it down and then rivet the bumper back on. It helps keep that area from peeling up.

JPCharmin

just order him a turd
After you apply glue to the mat and hull heat the glue up with a heat gun (or just wait 15-20 min) and apply pressure while gently stretching the mat down over your hull. I dont really think there is a need to wrap it up underneath (i didnt and its sticking fine, but its personal preference). After that clamp a flat piece of wood or something similar over the area and let it sit. VOILA

After you apply glue to the mat and hull heat the glue up with a heat gun (or just wait 15-20 min) and apply pressure while gently stretching the mat down over your hull. I dont really think there is a need to wrap it up underneath (i didnt and its sticking fine, but its personal preference). After that clamp a flat piece of wood or something similar over the area and let it sit. VOILA
Thanks!

Yeah, just cut the edge at a 45 degree angle. This helps prevent water from getting under the turf. I did this 1 season ago and still has yet to even look like it needs to be reglued.

Top Bottom