I just want to say.....that

when I got my 06 SXR this summer, I swore tomyself that i would never slam it around jumping boat wakes and doing freestyle. and I never therw my 550 around cause I knew it would crumble from the abuse.........well its like CRACK and I can't get enough now.....I was out yesterday and today hitting bigA$$ cruzer wakes, I just wanted to say ITS AWESOME.....I have been walking around on a High all day....Yea I love this sport:veryhappy:.

I need to get a hood strap..

I have already started looking.....my wife is going to go BullSheet when it shows up at the house.....yea can I get an AMEN!!!

WET BOX

STL Crew
Some people make it seem like everybody with a SJ and a b-pipe can barrel roll across the lake. It simply is not the case.

There are compromises with the SXR platform though.

Later

cmeripper26

Ripper26
I will say a ride a modded SXR freestyle and have ridden many SJ's and Octanes.... In my opinion it takes some bigger balls to throw around an SXR just because of the weight. Doing flat water stabs on a SJ is pretty easy once you learn the trick, do it with a SXR it takes quite a bit more practice.... just my .02! What does everyone else think?

SXR-FOREVER

Finally Flippin
I will say a ride a modded SXR freestyle and have ridden many SJ's and Octanes.... In my opinion it takes some bigger balls to throw around an SXR just because of the weight. Doing flat water stabs on a SJ is pretty easy once you learn the trick, do it with a SXR it takes quite a bit more practice.... just my .02! What does everyone else think?

I think we all should sell out SXR's and SJ's and ride the 3D's :arms:

wayne

wannaroll
Some people make it seem like everybody with a SJ and a b-pipe can barrel roll across the lake. It simply is not the case.

There are compromises with the SXR platform though.

Later

nope, i never said that. but show me one sxr in the world finals of freestyle. not gonna happen. it is a tank, that is why it makes a good racer. hell it even out weighs a blaster 1.

sxr 09 model
Curb Weight 396.9 lbs the 2006 is 351. it is also a foot longer than the superjet.

superjet 09 model
Dry Weight 291 lb (132 kg) the 2006 is 291

blaster1 94 model
weight 340.

the blaster is 2 foot longer than the sxr and a lot taller, but weighs less.

these are from the kawasaki, yamaha, and nada pages.

if the sxr gets any heavier it will be right there with the 3D.:arms::deadhorse:

cmeripper26

Ripper26
Its not that the ski is to heavy to get out of the water its weather or not u got the balls to ride it and pin it instead of riding nice and slow into the wake or wave. I've had plenty of damage to my SXR! But nice response! ahahahah

SXRguyinMA

Life's a beach
hell my SXR has no issues coming out of the water. I ride the hell out of it everytime I go out. and she never breaks.

can't say the same for them yamis though. I'd rather swim than ride a yamaha :poke:

wayne

wannaroll
They don't ride Superjets either...They all ride aftermarket .....
Malones ski is closer to an SXR than a SJ.

btw...mine is under 300lbs.

i know they can be lighter. both can be made lighter. the ski malone rides, the hull is no where close to the weight of an sxr hull. it might be closer in design, but the sxr is heavy. every one knows the sxr was built to race, not for freestyle.:biggthumpup:

cmeripper26

Ripper26
Its built for the rider... whether ur a racer or freestyler.... as a freestyler either you can throw the weight around and use that and the power to your advantage or you can't! Bottom Line. I got no problem hitting flat water stabs with my SXR! Trash talking without pics and vids is rough so i'll have my girl take some footage next good ride day!

It would be great to have a light weight hull with the SXR modded engine power but it aint in the budget right now. So i'll exchange the weight for reliability of my SXR any day for the time being until my next build!

Top Bottom