I NEED freight co. info.

Wolf Child

Just Another Octard
I'm trying to get my new ski shipped from Michigan to Florida and this is becoming a major PITA.

who do you guys usually use? what do you have to do and how much should I expect to pay?

I called Piot Air (per Idok) and they told me they couldnt help me. another place quoted $1000. thats retarded for a stand up. I could drive up and get it cheaper.

I need some help on this ASAP. thanx in advance.

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
I'm trying to get my new ski shipped from Michigan to Florida and this is becoming a major PITA.

who do you guys usually use? what do you have to do and how much should I expect to pay?

I called Piot Air (per Idok) and they told me they couldnt help me. another place quoted $1000. thats retarded for a stand up. I could drive up and get it cheaper.

I need some help on this ASAP. thanx in advance.

forwardair.com

Why did pilot say they could not help you? WDK shipped my Envy via them.

Way to much money IMO but they did do it.

if you get it crated where it can be handled from 4 sides with a fork lift and pallet jack, then you can get a quote from R & L or similar. They are fairly cheap. A factory yamaha crate would be excellent.

I havent looked into it since the oil prices shot up...last I used them was right about a year ago..

I just talked to scott and my vote is drive up and get that mofo! get the seller to travel a portion of the distance and roadtrip it

Hey I am unemployed! I could hull it down but I would be more than pilot as that would be my only freight.

I could help out though. Give me some cash and I'll pick it up in Michigan and bring it to Va. freeride maybe.

try dominion,central or saia.any trucking co can refer you to another if they don't handle it.
it's sometimes cheaper as you don't have a middleman.

Wolf Child

Just Another Octard
gimme the pick up addy or at least zip and I'll see what i come up with.

he's in Bay city MI 48706

But I'm sure I could arrange for him to meet you someplace further south.

and just for simplicity.... youe in cleveland area right? just take 75 south. and we could meet in TN or KY somewhere

Last edited:

AtomicPunk

Lifetime bans are AWESOME
Site Supporter
the only way you can get a deal with a LTL freight carrier is if the ski is crated and you already have a relationship with the carrier (meaning good discounts).

Otherwise, I would try uship.com or forwardair.com

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
How about one of those companies that tries to get loads for empty trucks?

Top Bottom