Other i remember the very first time........

First time i tried a backflip of a v-wake, hands slipped off the bars and i thought i was going to die. But zero injury took me 5+ trys to finally land one. Fun times and love how fast you can progress on a jetski. On a dirt bike i'd probably be dead if i tried stupid stuff like this.
260555_1811667408317_1138964522_31599072_7028954_n.jpg

D-Nice

flap dem wings johnny!
i took a stand up into the surf... went out during a big storm on my rn sj with my buddy who was on my blaster1. 8-10 ft waves breakin sloppy as all hell in nj at the end of october. ive ridden my blaster in calm surf with maybe max 5 ft waves plenty of times befor this but never a stand up in any surf not to mention 8-10ft breakin nasty. needless to say we both got bundled an beached. got my sj threw the inlet an back to the boat dock but the blaster was boggin down an runnen like poo so it spent the night at barnegat lighthouse beach cuz we couldnt get it back threw the inlet. nothin like callen the coast guard an lettin em know theres not a dead jetskier out there and then hearin em laugh an call u a dumbass for goin out in such ruff conditions

The very first time I even touched a jetski...

It was a Polaris 1050 X44(I believe thats what it was). I had never even sat on a jetski..just picked it up with plans of fixing it. It was at that point my hatred for Polaris jetskis was built. I bought it non running, never got it running right after trying countless fixes, ended up giving up and putting it on ebay where I made one hell of a profit even with it non running.

It has been an addiction ever since.

Waternut

Customizing addict
I remember when I got into this sport. I had gotten bored with sit down ski's and started watching youtube videos. I got more and more excited as I watched more and by the time I saw Eric Malone do 3 backflips in a row for the first time in 2006, I had to have one even though I didn't know a single person that owned one. Granted, multiple backflips have gotten overplayed lately but that video still impresses me. It's been 4 years and 3 ski's since my first and I still have never ridden out of a backflip but I don't care. I enjoy the sport, have learned a ton, and have met a lot of good friends.

I rode for the first time (first time on any jet ski) last September or so, only went out about 3 times all year since the parents bought a 650sx. I liked it, but didn't think it was anything too amazing. I was really into model airplanes, putting all of my 16 year old budget into them so jet skis slipped my mind. In march this year, I went out, and then just kept going every weekend. Then I bought my own 650sx from a buddy who was fixing it up. So, since I didn't know anything and never seen a superjet, I put all my money into it (not much obviously). Then I heard about the superjet, of course, when you earn an average of $500 a month, saving for 4-6 months (superjets are never under $2500 around here) seemed like forever, I just put that cash into my 650sx and decided when I graduate from college in 3.5 years, I'll skip on a superjet and build a 1200cc superfreak, and in the mean time ride my 650sx. Of course, since I like the freestyle, getting a 701 superjet, and then getting the 25% knockdown at altitude, it'd still be really hard for any freestyle. So I sit and wait until I get my BS and buy the biggest engine for a standup to stand a chance of doing a flatwater back flip.

Yea...that's like my life story of jet skis, all 12 months of it :p

First ride....(in 1976!)....heard about these things called Jetskis and then heard someone was renting them a couple towns away. Jumped in my friends boat and drove to the rental (couldn't drive a car, still in 8th grade!). Rented a 1976 400 for an hour and never got to where I could stand up for more than a couple seconds without eating it. The fire was sparked that day!

RedTurboMr2

09 SuperJet
My first time was just a few months ago. I've been on practically every riding object out there except a pwc. A few months ago, i was watching videos on youtube, and with the help of the "suggestions" videos on the right, i somehow was watching stand up freestyle, "was probably watching dirt bike freestyles prior to that, which linked me to other freestyle sports". Right there and then i knew i needed one. So i checked auto trader online and found a brand new 2011 kawasaki 800 Sx-r SE. I msg'd the guy and told him that i wanted it and to check my credit for financing. I then did some research, and found out that i should buy a SuperJet "freestyle" instead of the Sx-r "racing". I then did some more research and found out that they don't sell the SuperJet in Canada for some dumb reason, so i'd need to buy used. I checked every city within a few hours away and couldn't find any , only JS 550 and 650sx. But then a few days later, i found a 2009 SuperJet just three hours away. I called the boat shop that i used to work at and told them that I needed a trailer to go pick up the ski. The next day i drove to the shop, picked up the trailer and went straight to Sault St-Marie to pick up the SuperJet "had a smile from ear to ear, happiest guy in the world :) lol". By the time i was home, it was too dark to try it out, so i had to wait till the next day. I ended up staying up all night, watching videos of jetskin, and finding out that their kinda hard to ride, lil tricky at first.

So the next day i was a lil nervous to try it cause of the stuff i rode up on it, so i decided to go to a small public lake where there was roughly 10 people "which were all staring lol". So I put the jetski in the water and started er up "didn't know about dry start". I wanted to let it warm up, but noticed that it kept wanting to take off, wasn't sure what to do, so i just let it drag me around a bit to warm up. Once it was warm, it was do or die lol. I read up that most people start on their knees, but i've been in a pretty bad motorcycle/transport accident and it now hurts when i go down on my left knee, so i had to stand up right away. I actually found it very easy to get up, but i couldn't figure out how to turn quickly. My turns were as wide as can be lol. I was also only able to do left turns, i bailed every time i would try and turn right. I try to go out as much as possible, and I notice improvement each time, i'm very comfortable on it now and can throw it around anywhere i want to. These things are way too fun to ride. Whenever I have free time I'm on it, my buddies are pissed since that's all i do, i'll hardly play any sports with them now, "this jetski is like a new girlfriend lol". I'm trying to get my buddies to buy one, but they won't since they say our summers are too short and they would rather buy a quad. Riding alone sucks though, so i usually bring a buddy and take turns. I'm planning on buying a Rickter xfs soon and starting a build :), so then i'll have more than one ski :)

Last edited:
wow i was prob 13 yrs old this lady my grandma knew had a kawasaki 550, she said she would let me ride it. the day finally came, it was a blast Then my cousins got a couple of kawi 440s every summer we spent day after day rideing in the summer. And the funny this is that red kawi 550 is still down sitting on the beach, it still runs, earlier in the summer the ladys grandson came by as i had my sj on the water, he went on and on, about how much it made his weekend, to c my rideing my limited sj. Now im 34 and love the sport more and more. Looking to get some older kawis so my kidos can learn to ride, my stepson wants one.

Tmart

formerly superjet444

My first time on a stand-up was a few months ago too. I always grew up on the water with my family having boats and jetski's but they were always XP's. My cousins and his friend showed up one day with them at my house after I hadn't talked to them in a few weeks so I was immediately jealous. Growing up it was always kinda a conpetition to see who could be the best on whatever atv, bike, ski, wakeboarding we ever did. So then my search for the Superjet started! Thank god I liked yamaha and not kawasaki b/c when I was searching I had no idea Kawi's for mainly for racing. But anyway, I became very impatient and began looking on craigslist and of course I couldn't find anything in GA, so I found a 2000 Superjet in pristine condition in Charleston, SC and knew that was it. My family and I had a trip planned July 4th to Panama City so I knew I needed it by them! I got it the next day after I found it on Craigslist and headed to Panama City 2 days later never haven ridden it. So, I wheel it across the beach, of course everybodys interested in the supposedly badass with the jetski on the beach, and to say the least I fell on my knees after riding 5 ft like 10 times, it sucked. But after a while I caught on and now I'm trying to backflip it. I'm in love with it and have met some pretty cool people in the sport and plan on riding forever now!

baxt3r

BBQ
Maybe 6 or 7 years ago I decided I would ask someone at the lake if I could give their ski a try. I was a little surprised when he agreed to let me. I think I was secretly hoping he would say no. Never touched one before and was able to get right up and ride straight without any issues. Then came turning. The ski would turn, and I would not. After about 10 nice long swims back to the ski I rode in and said thank you and cracked open a cold beer. I didn't ride again until last year when I found a SN on Craig's List. I rode that thing as much as I could and then decided to upgrade to a RN. Then the modding started.

Top Bottom