Installing Factory B Limited Pipe

Hi All,I am wondering if it's possiable/worth while to install a factory b limited pipe on a 2005 SJ with the stock head? (the only mods i have so far are a msd 4253 as far as the engine goes.also having carb issues.......fuel is getting to the carbs but not getting thru.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
You can install the pipe with a stock head, sure.

What do you mean, fuel is not getting through the carbs?
Perhaps the internal carburetor fuel filters need to be cleaned.

the stock head hose will provide enough water flow?the gas line is filled with gas to the point of entry on the carb but ski won't run after starter fluid burns off.....what the claim to fame with www.jetworks.net

Matt_E

Site Supporter
The stock head has little to do with water flow. A Factory B-Pipe doesn't necessitate more cooling flow, either.
So you're fine.

I would take the carburetors off the engine, take them apart, and clean them.

www.jetworks.net is my signature. It appears in every post I make.
Jetworks built my engine, and I like doing business with them.

i was pondering purchasing 2 rebuild kits do you think that's necessary as the ski is an 05 and probably only has 8 hrs on it?do you have any suggestions on a tight hand pole? crannk the bolt or get a pole spring.and suggestions on a prop?would i have any use for the jetworks flow control valve on a stock ski?

Matt_E

Site Supporter
I wouldn't go to a carb rebuild kit until you take it apart and inspect the carbs.

Tight handlepole - get a pole spring or crank the bolt down.

Prop - I run a Skat Trak Freeride Swirl 13/17 and am very happy with it.

Your ski would probably benefit from drying out the stock exhaust via a Jetworks Flow Control Valve. However, call up Jetworks to ask them about it. A phone call is free.
(949) 548-5259

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
don't think that you can cool the b-pipe with that tiny 1/4 cooling line from the front of the stock head. you'll have to block that on off.

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
I did it with 2 seperate circuits. one into the bottom of the head pipe and out the top of the head pipe to a pisser. the other in the exhaust manifold and out of a drilled hole in the front of the head and to another pisser.

I don't think I have pics of that set up.

Matt_E

Site Supporter
don't think that you can cool the b-pipe with that tiny 1/4 cooling line from the front of the stock head. you'll have to block that on off.

You'd run the main cooling outlet from the head into the headpipe and plug the small line.

correct waterline setup as follows (atleast on my boat)

Cylinder head to bottom of the head pipe on a factory b pipe
top of the factory b pipe to an outlet on the side of the ski.

Plug the little water outlet on the top of the cylinder head like matt e said

You can kinda see what i mean here:

BTW this ski has a mod factory B pipe and MSD and it hauls ASS!

011.jpg

Mark44

Katie's Boss
CAUTION never use starting fluid in a two stroke engine! It dries out the cylinder because it has no lubrication feature. I cringe when I see someone spary a two stroke.

Mark44

thanks for the visual aide Mat101 you guys are great

Mark44 thanks for the heads up on the starter fluid i'll be sure not to use it anymore!

Mark44

Katie's Boss
thanks for the visual aide Mat101 you guys are great

Mark44 thanks for the heads up on the starter fluid i'll be sure not to use it anymore!

Cool just remember if its not starting its not starting for a reason and fluid will only hurt. If you have to prime just use a little cap of fuel for testing.

Mark44

Mark44

Katie's Boss
what am i checking for?

stupid question.......the screen are the squares directly under the air box?

how should they look?

No there is a screen where the fuel enters your back carb. You will need to pull the carb and pull the pump section off. There is a plastic frame pressed in it with a screen.
Be careful with the gaskets you can reassemble with the same ones so don't rip them.

Top Bottom