intermediate housing toast?

romack991

homebrewed
i'm thinking my intermediate hsg needs replaced:( what's your verdict?

i removed it today while stripping the hull and planned to replace the bearings since it wasn't spinning smooth. also the coupler could be wiggled around a lot (side to side and up and down). once i had it out i was playing with it and noticed when it wiggled around the overmolded rubber on the housing was loose and would pull away. so i'm guessing i have more than just a bearing problem, is that correct?

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
Yeah, it's time to replace it if the rubber has pulled loose. Riding in saltwater and not flushing can cause that from corrosion, or excessive vibration, or just age.

I stuck in a WSM housing a couple of years ago and it's worked fine so far.

SuperJETT said:
Yeah, it's time to replace it if the rubber has pulled loose. Riding in saltwater and not flushing can cause that from corrosion, or excessive vibration, or just age.

I stuck in a WSM housing a couple of years ago and it's worked fine so far.

definately shot.

the wsm's are worth a look too. been running one on mine for 1.5 yrs with 0 problems.

when i changed it, i noticed that any cavitation that i had was gone as well.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
BTW, I happen to have the complete mid-carrier bearing setup for sale. Housing, bearing, shaft, coupler...seems like it's brand-new. Nice smooth & tight bearing.
I bought it for a square I am building, but I ended up picking up a 94 Hull...this setup is for 90-93.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Hehe...like I said, it's like it's brand-new.

90 plus ship. Or trade for the proper setup I need.

Top Bottom