Is it really worth the $700+ dollars for a lightweight pole?

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
I buy expensive poles for the adjustability more than the weight savings. You likely won't move it much once you get it where you like but having the option is worth a ton of $$ to me.

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
Not sure which pole you are referring to for $700 and if youre looking at a new or used one but RRP poles are heavy so don't buy one to save weight. Buy one for strength and adjustability. If your pole isn't broken and you're unsure of spending money then run your pole until it breaks.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
lightest pole is either a composite pole like the ones TEM with Superfreak Ski's builds, XFT or old 24/7 use to build or the OEM Pole. Nothing wrong with the OEM's as long as you keep an eye on the mounting base and top area.

RRP pole is prettier than OEM pole, therefore it adds 14 horse power to the concept :). If you get the anodized red carbon looking tubes you gain instantly another 6HP right there.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
1. You're mistaken in thinking that people buy aftermarket poles for weight reasons. OEM poles are about as light as they come and they provide positive flotation. There's 1-2 a/m poles out there that do that.
2. You're mistaken in thinking it's only $700. (Unless talking about XMetal)

I never said the only reason people buy the aftermarket poles is because of there light weight. I called it a lightweight pole because that's what I've seen them called. I said "$700+" because I have seen them go for $700-$1,100.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Just be aware that "lightweight" a/m poles are usually quite a bit heavier than an OEM RN pole.

Nothing wrong with the OEM's as long as you keep an eye on the mounting base and top area.[/QUOTE]

i've done thousands of rolls with the stock pole and only ripped it out of the base a couple times. usually hanging on when your feet come out. if the base doesnt get totally grenaded, you can cut it off and stuff it back in, without taking the pole off or the cables out.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
Really depends on how deep your pockets are and what your priorities are. A pole isn't going to do you any good if you don't have the power or balls to break a stocker.

Top Bottom