300/440/550 Is this a good deal??

my buddy has a pair of js550's they appear to be in very good condition, one even has a few hop ups like exhaust and jut pump. When I saw them they had a fair amount of your typical garage stuff on and around them. They are 86 and 87 year models i believe. suposed to run but did not get to see them run due to all the stuff around them. Have been sitting since they were brought from Cali 5 yrs ago. Is there any thing I need to look for before buying them. Oh yeah, he want just $600 for the pair and I told him I want to see them both run before I buy them.

thank
jeff

yeah i am a machanic. fixing things is no problem, I have just always wanted a pair of standups. he drained the fuel out of the pair before they were stored. Regardles I am buddies with the local kawai dealer and he said if they needed it he would just rebuild them for me anyway.

blaster4life

couchez r 4 living rooms
buy em ........... you will love it. The onley problem your going to have it that all your spare cash is going to go to hopping up the ski's and riding. Then you will be broke like the rest of us. I'm curently trying to trade one of my kidneys for a built 701

buy em ........... you will love it. The onley problem your going to have it that all your spare cash is going to go to hopping up the ski's and riding. Then you will be broke like the rest of us. I'm curently trying to trade one of my kidneys for a built 701

yep...got em!!!! they are pretty nice acctualy. I am not sure the guy started them though. had to bypass the resurve selector switch. once I did they fired right up and run perfect. they will be on the water in less than 4 hours if all goes as planned!!!!!!!!!!!:Banane09:

yep, got them out on the water to day!!!!!!! One performed pretty much flawlessly. the other ran for a few minutes and stoped. messed with it for a bit but just gave up and finished out the day. The only concern I have is that the one that ran great, well once it planes out and get just a little speed it just wants to porpous! Cant stop it no matter what, I was not sure if it was a cavitation related porpous or some thing else. If anyone can help with this that would be great. PLEASE DO NOT RELPY TO THIS QUESTION IN THIS THREAD!! I am starting a new on!

thanks
Jeff

Top Bottom