Is this the right position for a Flowcontrol valve?

staflaraf

MastahBlastah
I rearranged the position for my Flowcontrol valve today! it was located where the other screv valve is located now, just changed the place because i heard it should be just before the stinger with a t behind it going tio a pisser. am i right on this one, doesnt know WHY the pevious owner put the FCV on the inlet on the pipe restricting it to cool down?!?! the FCV didnt do anything as it was before, am i right?

Thanks in advance fellow skiiers!!

Attachments

• flow.jpg
    flow.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 133

oxnard111

Creative RE Purchasing
confused as to the rest of your line routing... is the line coming off the top of the head pipe dumping over board?

where is line coming from that leads to your flow valve/stinger/pisser that can be seen in the pic?

staflaraf

MastahBlastah
confused as to the rest of your line routing... is the line coming off the top of the head pipe dumping over board?

where is line coming from that leads to your flow valve/stinger/pisser that can be seen in the pic?

No the line is a separate one coming from behind, then in to the exhaust mani then up and to a T then next is the FCV then to the stinger!.

It has DUAL cooling. one for the engine and one for the exhaust

staflaraf

MastahBlastah

Were out and overlooked it again, there is one line coming from the behind, the stock cooling line, going to an Y and goes in the cylinders, then the one with a screv valve is coming from a separate cooling line from behind. then the one you see in the pic comes from under the pipe ,(called bypass?) and it goes to the stinger

stanton

High on jetskis.
i dont like running the fcv after the t, mine didnt make enough pressure to open it for the pipe so i put it before the t and like how it works alot better. also i can monitor water flow by watching the pisser.

oxnard111

Creative RE Purchasing
i dont like running the fcv after the t, mine didnt make enough pressure to open it for the pipe so i put it before the t and like how it works alot better. also i can monitor water flow by watching the pisser.

on mine i have installed after the "T" i can still tell its working b/c at low RPM's there is a constant stream of water leaving the pisser and at higher RPM's it more sputters out.

Etheraldreamer

Be there and be square.
yep. i think of the small dollar mods the fcv is one of the best things you can do imo. i noticed a nice difference after putting mine on. every build i do gets one now. i like that it opens from the pressure and is more of an on/off switch then just putting a jet in the line as a restricter as some prefer.

staflaraf

MastahBlastah
yep. i think of the small dollar mods the fcv is one of the best things you can do imo. i noticed a nice difference after putting mine on. every build i do gets one now. i like that it opens from the pressure and is more of an on/off switch then just putting a jet in the line as a restricter as some prefer.

Agree! Are ju using any chims in your FCV?

Top Bottom