It no makey power!!!!

AquaToy

Jay-Are
OK, i have tried evertything i can think of at this point and now i feel like im at my wints end. The problem is that this thing just doens thave any balls....no pep. I have replaced the factory type 4 pipe with a stock pipe in hopes of getting it to a good stock reliable ski.........had both carbs rebuilt, replaced the reeds, a bunch of gaskets, the exhaust hose that goes to the back, the coil, the cdi, the starter and the starter relay........it starts fine, and moves,.....just doesnt have power....wont do it.....ive ridden other skis and had other people ride mine......just lacks power......ANY IDEAS???? oh yeah, its a 2001 superjet with stock eerything.....for now, until i can getr running....thanks in advance.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
OK, i have tried evertything i can think of at this point and now i feel like im at my wints end. The problem is that this thing just doens thave any balls....no pep. I have replaced the factory type 4 pipe with a stock pipe in hopes of getting it to a good stock reliable ski.........had both carbs rebuilt, replaced the reeds, a bunch of gaskets, the exhaust hose that goes to the back, the coil, the cdi, the starter and the starter relay........it starts fine, and moves,.....just doesnt have power....wont do it.....ive ridden other skis and had other people ride mine......just lacks power......ANY IDEAS???? oh yeah, its a 2001 superjet with stock eerything.....for now, until i can getr running....thanks in advance.
Check the timing, and for plugged exhaust.

AquaToy

Jay-Are
As for the compression, i believe when we first started having all these problems and tested it it was like 125-130 per......and yes they were both the same.....is that decent???? Also, as for timing, i took the front cover off and now i guess i need to remove the flywheel.....but once i do that what exactly am i looking for? And....lets say the timing is right....then what?>?????????UUGGHHHH

Thanks for the help in advance guys...and gals./.....

As for the compression, i believe when we first started having all these problems and tested it it was like 125-130 per......and yes they were both the same.....is that decent???? Also, as for timing, i took the front cover off and now i guess i need to remove the flywheel.....but once i do that what exactly am i looking for? And....lets say the timing is right....then what?>?????????UUGGHHHH

Thanks for the help in advance guys...and gals./.....

that compression is not the best and is probably why it lacks that snap!!

AquaToy

Jay-Are
That sounds like a very fesible option, however, how do i go about testing it. Im not sure what model it is however i do know that is an older Solas prop.........any suggestions........i just want to get my lil toy back....thanks for the help guys!
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

AquaToy

Jay-Are
Also, i know seem to remember something rattling in the water box when i went to install it......didnt pay it any attention to it, but now im scratchin my head......could this perhaps be a problem....is there suppossed to have something loose????/

AquaToy

Jay-Are
OK, so i have taken the water box out and there is definatley something loose in there..........and theres some water in there as well. However, when i go to tip the box to release the water, nothing comes out, no matter which hole i try and use......so im assumming this could play a problem.......any truth here?

Jay-Are

chrisdoc0608

insulting
a broken baffle? my waterbox has had something rattling in it for the past two seasons with no issues. my water box is not stock though so i guess it isnt the same situation. I would be more concerned with those low compression numbers

AquaToy

Jay-Are
I took the WB out and hooked up my shop vac to both sides and had great suction on either side......so im thinking this isnt it.......since it probaby isnt it.....what am i looking for when i pull the flywheel off???? As for compression, it was done with a cheap gauge so im not sure how accurate the numbers were, i was more concerned with the consistency between the two cylinders.....thanks guys for the help!!

Jay-Are

Big Kahuna

Administrator
when the motor is running, the exhaust pressure can push the baffle causing it to restrict the flow. You need to fix that. If that does not do it, then you need to look at your motor, if you have 125 lbs compression, you got problems, either a blown head gasket or you motor is just plain wore out, you should have about 150 lbs compression.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
if you have low compression, the power out put will only be at a fraction of what the motor is capable of ....... in other words, you will be running a ski with no power.

SJBrit

Extraordinary Alien
Just too show off my ignorance here, but would a new top end fix this? As in low compression?

A new top end would fix the low compression, but you probably don't need to replace it. Probably just needs a hone, and new pistons and rings, maybe a rebore if it's scored.

AquaToy

Jay-Are
OK....well i finally got the flywheel off and took a gander at whats there......First off, excuse my ingnorance here, i know nada about what im looking at. It appears to me that the plate located behind the flywheel contains some electronic pieces, Stator im assumming. Also appeatrs that this plate has 2 phillips screws that secure it down and have a slot to adjust them. HOWEVER.......on mine the screws are loose and the plate has movement.......is this a bad thing? Does anyone here know where i should secure it down too? I tried looking for some type of alignment mark but couldnt see anything. Only thing i can see is perhaps where the screw was tight at one point......any ideas, and could this be my lil power problem?

Jay-Are

OK....well i finally got the flywheel off and took a gander at whats there......First off, excuse my ingnorance here, i know nada about what im looking at. It appears to me that the plate located behind the flywheel contains some electronic pieces, Stator im assumming. Also appeatrs that this plate has 2 phillips screws that secure it down and have a slot to adjust them. HOWEVER.......on mine the screws are loose and the plate has movement.......is this a bad thing? Does anyone here know where i should secure it down too? I tried looking for some type of alignment mark but couldnt see anything. Only thing i can see is perhaps where the screw was tight at one point......any ideas, and could this be my lil power problem?

Jay-Are

this is not a bad thing at all.. you just found your problem.. tighten the screws where the old marks are. that will be a good starting point. find a buddy that knows how to set your timing. most factory units do have factory marks... :usa2:

Top Bottom