It's official all my skis are fat!!! 340 lb SJ, 385 lb SXR

Proformance1

Liquid Insanity
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Well we knew it was heavier than any other SJ we lifted in Virginia, but the official word is in.
340 lbs with wet foam, and ready to ride, no gas. Maybe a half gallon of water sloshing around in the bilge. Time for a winter project, or would someone please donate a new pre 08 hull? After market would be fine, RRP, Q8, or any CF surf ski :439:

My SXR with the Trinity hood weighed 385, ready to ride with no gas, same RRP pole.

45 lbs difference between a SJ and SXR, hmm.... that should get a few peps fired up.

Attachments

• DSC02984.jpg
    DSC02984.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC02983.jpg
    DSC02983.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

The Penguin

triple secret probation
Well we knew it was heavier than any other SJ we lifted in Virginia, but the official word is in.
340 lbs with wet foam, and ready to ride, no gas. Maybe a half gallon of water sloshing around in the bilge. Time for a winter project, or would someone please donate a new pre 08 hull? After market would be fine, RRP, Q8, or any CF surf ski :439:

My SXR with the Trinity hood weighed 385, ready to ride with no gas, same RRP pole.

45 lbs difference between a SJ and SXR, hmm.... that should get a few peps fired up.
oh, you bought one of the lightweight WCF SJ's?

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
mine weighed in at 350 with three gallons of gas and some water in the bilge.

i got some wet foam for sure.

Attachments

• scale.jpg
    scale.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 64
  • scale (2).jpg
    scale (2).jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 37
I know if I ever foam another ski it will be ping pong balls or poly foam cut in to pieces.....and then drain plugs....

Has anyone ever weighed a motor/pipe/carbs/pump? I am sure its here on the X somewhere but I can't remember.

If I can ever get the kiddo to post his SXR build, we can have some good info. He is weighing every part, stock and new, and going for the ultimate lightweight SXR. Keeping the stock hull, but everything else will be as light as possible.
I know that hull sure looks nicer after a few days inside of it w/ a grinder removing all that excess glue.

Yep, Trinity hood and footholds. Even tho we will have somewhat of an unlimited budget, a carbon hull is just a little too much, but from the stock hull up, everything possible will be lightened.
My neighbor has a CNC shop that specializes in parts for the aerospace industry, so anything that can be made lighter using aluminum, carbon or titanium will be used.
Every part taken off and added back will be weighed on certified digital scales, to ensure accuracy. The stock ski weighed 381.3 stock, if I remember right.

Proformance1

Liquid Insanity
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Im hoping to get the kawasaki style of styrofoam in this winter before Daytona. Plus drain plugs, etc. We'll see how much it saves after reinforcing etc.

Flyinbysti

Rad Dudes
I know if I ever foam another ski it will be ping pong balls or poly foam cut in to pieces.....and then drain plugs....

Has anyone ever weighed a motor/pipe/carbs/pump? I am sure its here on the X somewhere but I can't remember.

My buddy weighed his 750 motor with dual carbs, no pipe or pump and it weight 80lb. He weighed the 1100 that was going in his X2 and it came in at 110lbs ugh.

So I'd venture a guess that an 800 motor with carbs/pipe/pump has to be around 100 or just a little more then 100lbs

Top Bottom