jackass couch riders

gimmick

sports a beater 550
First off, not all of them are jackasses, just the ones I encountered today. At a popular PWC beach launch today I was using my 550. Barely on a plane when some dumb girls came near me at full throttle, or close to full. Close enough that I was drenched with their spray. I wanted to flick them the bird but I have patience and refrained. After that encounter I went to an area that has a little less traffic. I practiced turning while doing tailstands and some other slow speed stuff. A few people started blowing right by me, as in cutting the O I had made in the water in half. Already plenty pissed at their manuevers, I tried going to a different place were I didn't see any of them. I was messing around carving, jumping my wake, etc for about 10 minutes when some joker on an RXP started doing donuts in "my" area. Whatever. I moved away from him and was having a great time when my ski died. It wouldn't start so I started swimming the ski and assumed one of the couch dudes would come over ask if I wanted a tow. Well, you shouldn't assume. They looked, they laughed, plenty of people saw me. People were on shore watching, with skis in the water, but did nothing about my circumstance. I had to swim the ski about 300ft to a channel. Boats had been using the channel all day, but did any of the couch operators offer to tow me across the channel? NO! I swam the damn ski across the channel and another 50ft or so until I could touch bottom. They just watched the show. The ironic thing is, if I saw any of them bobbing around trying to swim a boat across a channel, I would have done whatever I could to help them. I hate taking the jet ski out without someone I know with another ski.

yeah, couchers are typically retards around here, too.

at green lake, last weekend, there were some tards that insisted on doing stupid shiot their way and when it got to its worst point, the cops showed up and most of them ran into their vehicles and fled the scene like crackheads with warrants. some people just dont get it.

tiplickhahaha

Hummmmmmmmm
sorta same thing happened to me yesturday, but it was on a couch and the thing was half full with water....

scary:bigeyes:

not alot of people on my lake:frown:

DISCLAIMER: I Like standup's 110% better, own a 550 with a starter thats bad.... dude i would have towed you in, as i also ride a 550

showmepro1200

ISJWTA Member #007
To give them a little credit, I had an opposite experience. I was out on my Kawi 650 sx early one fine morning last summer and it decided to crap out and not restart (finally found the problem later was a broken wire on the wiring harness right by the driveshaft). I started to swim it back in and a guy on a bassboat drove over to me and asked if I needed help, I told him no, I'd just swim it in (I'm about a 1/4 mile from the dock but it was calm and a nice day for a little excersize). Well, about 30 minutes and a hundred yards later I felt a bit differently about the situation. About that time a guy on a Seadoo sitdown came by and said he saw me struggling and offered to tow me in. I took him up on it and thanked him afterwards.

All depends on who you run into. :smile:

T-bone

brraap....thats so 2002
i was at lanier today sorting out some things on my sj, while 2 penis implants were doing speed runs in and out of holiday marina always within 20 feet of me riding. the over the top was the speed run within 10 feet of me while i was riding along the shore with my hood off. complete morons

2002zxi

Got old, bought another ski
you realize that these couchers are out banging your girlfriends while you're here whining, dont you?

no theyre not. these couchers are banging eachother riding 2 up on their zxi's in the glistening moonlite. obviously without jackets...... theyre couchers!

2002zxi

sflsurfrider said:
no theyre not. these couchers are banging eachother riding 2 up on their zxi's in the glistening moonlite. obviously without jackets...... theyre couchers!
That's HOT!

T-bone

brraap....thats so 2002
2002zxi said:
you realize that these couchers are out banging your girlfriends while you're here whining, dont you?

those 2 are at the gym pumping eachother.

jetskier79

I'm goin' for two
Ross' Fx1 sunk on the way towing back to the harbor last weekend. A couple guys on couches in the area saw the prediciment we were in and stopped to see if they could help. Towing a sunken standup+rider with another stand up in the choppy ocean and two limiting ropes is nearly impossible.

They aren't all inconsiderate dicks.

jeepmark4x4

Backflip, weeee
grrr i had a similar experience at lanier...some douche bag couch rider just kept following me to every single boat wake there was. pissed me off so much, of course i cant ride as fast in the chop to the boat so he just passed me with about 15 feet of room racing to the next boat. i was so close to just flicking the dude off...but i figured the stand up community is better than that so i didnt. but still, grr

Had a better experience.
Was out on my old sx650 playing in waves, when she died (luckily out back of surf). Decided to swim/surf her into beach and walk her back to ramp. Out comes a couch rider who had seen me, told me I didn't want to get caught in the surf as it wouldn't be nice, then offered to tow me in. He discovered he didn't have a rope, so he went and borrowed one of his mates ski rope so that he could tow me back to the ramp.
I was very appreciative, as I was already pretty stuffed.

Frosty

New York Crew
Most of the couchers in our area are pretty cool... although, there are the occasional asswads.

The only problem I have here is when we get waves and some of the couchers who have never really seen stand-ups pulling aerial tricks like nose stabs and BR's all come over and try to get close to watch. Sometimes they get too damn close... they don't know what I'm going to do or where I'm going to go or when I come back from the depths. Last weekend I had two guys, each riding polaris slt7 somthings, getting closer and closer... I kept trying to move further down the beach, but they kept following. Finally I just went in to the beach and relaxed for a while until they left. Then went back out.

It's cool that they want to watch and all, and maybe it would help to give them more respect for stand-up riders... but still, stay a safe distance from someone.

Cool thing is, we have a local radio station DJ who rides a Kawi 650sx... he will rip a couch rider apart on the air if he has a bad experience. He owns and RXP also, so it's not like he's an anti-coucher type either.

yesterday was a pleasant coucher experience for us on the water. it was just us on our SJ's and 3 different seapoopers. all 3 had mechanical problems so they all left early.:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

2002zxi

sflsurfrider said:
yesterday was a pleasant coucher experience for us on the water. it was just us on our SJ's and 3 different seapoopers. all 3 had mechanical problems so they all left early.:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
hey SFL, put this in your signature.:biggthumpup: :smile:

manly.jpg

Rickster

Matakana Menace
sflsurfrider said:
yeah, couchers are typically retards around here, too.

at green lake, last weekend, there were some tards that insisted on doing stupid shiot their way and when it got to its worst point, the cops showed up and most of them ran into their vehicles and fled the scene like crackheads with warrants. some people just dont get it.

We were fleeing the scene with our crack, to get away from the RXP's...:biggthumpup:

jetskier79 said:
Ross' Fx1 sunk on the way towing back to the harbor last weekend. A couple guys on couches in the area saw the prediciment we were in and stopped to see if they could help. Towing a sunken standup+rider with another stand up in the choppy ocean and two limiting ropes is nearly impossible.

They aren't all inconsiderate dicks.

exact same thing happened to me about 3 weeks ago....hitched a ride in on the back of an fxho in about 3' sloppy chop..

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
IM going to mount my sons redryder BB gun to my ski, and fire BBs across the bow of skis/boats that get too close to me.

when they complain, Ill tell them it only shoots 200 feet, so as long as they are within the states safe limit, they wont get hit.

me and the family have damn nearly been run over by couches or boats everytime we have been on the water this year.

its NUTS.

we are going again this weekend, vid camera with me, so Im sure to get some typical dick munch behavior.

Top Bottom