Jet Pilot A-10 Vest Does it Float?

Mark Gomez

is where the surf is
I weigh about 130 and I'm on the verge of getting the XS/Small size jacket
I'm just curious because I've been using the Flight S/E vest and it Works great!
However I Tried one on at World Finals and it felt just really light and the padding didn't make me feel as protective as the Flight jacket but idk i only had it on for a few minutes and most of all not in the field.

Any opinions? Ill have it for a long time my last one lasted 3 years and counting, it's just really faded. Plus just looking to make the best purchase

Thanks Everyone
-Mark

Attachments

• A10-front.jpg
    A10-front.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 39

Kennay

Squarenose for the _____
My A-10 floats me. It doesn't do it as well as a normal jacket, but it definitely floats you. I weigh about 185 or so.

Also, if anyone wants it, it's in great shape, XL (Fits like a large regular jacket) and it's red/black/gray in excellent condition. Selling because I don't NEED it, but need money for my SJ build.

45 shipped and I have pics if interested.

Mark Gomez

is where the surf is
ehh Ill keep my other one on me for the lake riding
Coast Guard never messes with us around Oceanside we don't mess around were just in and out.

I got one, doesn't float me high in the water, unless I'm wearing a wetsuit then it aint' to bad. I think why it's not certified also, is because an approved LV is supposed to rotate an unconcious, face down person onto their back, this jacket will not even come close. It says right on it that it's only for pro wakeboarders to use in competition when their is a rescue on hand.

keefer

T1
It's kind of like a cheap helmet, it might look cool and not cost much, but what is your head worth? I would always choose a USCG approved lifevest because I would want the peace of mind that it might make the difference in saving my life rather than have to wonder if it would work or not. Move on to a better choice IMO.

steve0we

Wife,Kids,Toys...repreat
I have been whitewater kayaking for years, and I have to say that the life jackets are much more comfortable that the stuff for skis. They are Coast Guard approved, and work really well. Alot give you a place to store your tow rope if needed.

Check out:

http://www.noc.com/Store/C18

:Banane01:

AtomicPunk

Lifetime bans are AWESOME
Site Supporter
Anyone else using a kayaking vest? Those look great! I am due for a new vest and I am leaning towards one of those...

I've tried them a couple of times and found that since I don't float it won't float me. I'm only about 145lbs, but I sink like a rock fresh or saltwater. Some of my friends though they can put them on and they have no problem floating with it. And if you are seriousley considering it maybe think about a Medium or go try it on. I was on the verge of a large at my weight.

I've tried them a couple of times and found that since I don't float it won't float me. I'm only about 145lbs, but I sink like a rock fresh or saltwater. Some of my friends though they can put them on and they have no problem floating with it. And if you are seriousley considering it maybe think about a Medium or go try it on. I was on the verge of a large at my weight.

That's cause you're built like a friggen rock. :rant: Fat= Floats Muscle=sinks

Are you going to the King's of the Street MMA over in Kissimmee Dec 1st?

You honestly can't float? I know muscle weights more than fat, but I'm 165 and recently have got body comp. test done and I'm at 6.6% body fat and I float easily in freshwater!

3wheelerdude

Talk less, Ride more!
Test showed 4.3% fat for myself 3 years ago and as far as I remember I always floated in freshwater.
You must be almost fat free (lol) to NOT float cause Im freakin skinny.

I weigh about 130 and I'm on the verge of getting the XS/Small size jacket
I'm just curious because I've been using the Flight S/E vest and it Works great!
However I Tried one on at World Finals and it felt just really light and the padding didn't make me feel as protective as the Flight jacket but idk i only had it on for a few minutes and most of all not in the field.

Any opinions? Ill have it for a long time my last one lasted 3 years and counting, it's just really faded. Plus just looking to make the best purchase

Thanks Everyone
-Mark

Ive used one for 2 years now {a-10 wake vest)It does not float but it does a good job of protecting your mid section from impacts thats about all..
I love them..

DAG

Yes, my balls tickled from that landing
i had a XS A-10 i'm 5'9" 135
and that thing was no better than a t-shirt

I will never buy one again, but it was nice to use when taking ppl out tubing on the 760XL, light and felt good,, perfect combo when your not doing anything that can get you killed easy

steve0we

Wife,Kids,Toys...repreat
My lotus designs WHITEWATER life jacket floats me fine @ 220LBS. It is COASTGUARD approved, and I have been running class 5 whater for 6 years in it.

Top Bottom