jetski storage ideas ,save space, hanging ?

Looking for ideas to save floor space in my garage .. I was thinking of "hanging" some skis or a large shelf .. I am taliking about stand ups by the way .. I think they weigh about 300 lbs plus .. I have a sxi pro and a 550 and a X2 and I would need to keep at least two of them in the garge and it sure would be nice to get at least one off the rolling work carts / stands to clean up the space in the down months .. or even just hang one i am not using // ( I am up to 5 skis now LOL )

well I have two rolling carts .. mabe if I make the home made wood one a "double bunk" that might work /// but Hangig them or making a 3 foot by 7 foot shelf might be better ...
I have truses but would be hanging the ski If i do that near the wall where the truss would be stronger , alos remeber i am talking about a 300lb stand up not a 500lb couch ...

Ok thought I would try and bring this thread back to life ... I just sold My x2 this morning and took cash plus two 2000lb winches in on trade as well ....... one can hook onto the ball of a trailer hitch ..i thought it may come in handy one day ... its new and 12V with battery clamps The second one is also 2000lb lift and also has trolly for a 3 inch I beam .. I thought I might be able to buy a I beam and use tis ti lift shis on and off work carts from the garage floor or into a Truck bed ( so I can do it without calling a freind over ) and then also hang a ski in the winter .. I think the oad should be ok figuring about 100lbs for the I beam maybe more .. and 350 for the jetski and maybe 30lbs for the winch itself . The jetski would only be temp suspended in the middle ofthe garage and later with a sling suspended near the wall so should be strong there .. Anyone else have any new input ?

Attachments

• DSCF0008.jpg
    DSCF0008.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCF0009.jpg
    DSCF0009.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 57
what type of construction are the walls and will they support the weight of the ibeam? sounds like a good idea as long as the walls will support the weight of the ibeam

I don't know how hevy I beam is but just FWIW rail road track (around here) comes in 2 sizes 95 and 110. That is the weight for 3 foot section. I don't know how many feet you would be using but that would weight a LOT to go across a garage.

I have trusses for attic space in my garage I don't know what they are called But they are all 2X6 construction. I laid 2 old 4X4's over the beams in the "V" of the legs of the trusses make a "W" I laid the 4X4's down and wraped a chain around them and dropped it through the celing. I have picked up a double trailer with 2 couches on it to test it and I don't have any measurable sagging.

But I would look into a rack that has a load rating of 300 pounds per shelf and then put wheels on the bottom. There you go all done.

Attachments

• 2002_1104_210442AA.JPG
    2002_1104_210442AA.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 152
well I may look for an aluminum i beam and u bolt it to the ceiling rafters and beef up those supoorts ,,then it would only be about 6-7 feet long or maybe i should go wall to wall and use a heavy steel but would then need extra suport just to old the I beam Up here is a pic of a seadoo . I dont plan to hoist a heavy seadoo like in tis pic someone posted on pwc , only lighter stand ups or X2s ..

Attachments

• IMG_2725.jpg
    IMG_2725.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 150
His plan was to back his boat under there and leave that all winter. My skis only hang there for 30 minutes or so.. but there is never been a problem. And the doo is nothing compared to that GP 1200. I know it isn't safe but I get under there and buff and polish the hulls. I don't lay directly under the ski but if it did come down it wouldn't matter where you were in the garage there is so much stuff in the attic. I even have out board motors hanging in the attic. :bigeyes:

Top Bottom