Super Jet JetSkiMann

Jetskimann

Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Hello, in the previous topic, it was suggested that I tell you a little about our business.

We also personally sail jet skis, and since our business is metalworking and not only that, we decided to combine work with hobby. The beginnings were difficult due to limited access to knowledge and unreliable companies or people we worked with, but after a few years we decided to go further and now we are fully self-sufficient. We started with small products (handles, spacers, TL flywheels, manifolds, heads, handlebars, etc.), then we came up with the idea of elements made of carbon (exhausts, magneto covers), and we ended up creating a new engine. To do this, it took us a few months to acquire knowledge, mainly books, and thematic foreign forums, then CAD design, then CAM, tests, corrections, more tests, we made molds for casting cylinders and exhausts, casting furnaces, engine dynamometer to be sure about the quality of the products. Currently, we have created an efficient engine, we are making final corrections to it.

the crankcase was milled from a block of PA9 aluminum, the base was superjet.

We made the crankshaft in various strokers, at the moment we will not make them any more.
The pistons with a diameter of 95 mm are made by wossner.
We cast the cylinders, then heat-treated, machined and apply nikasil

Attachments

• IMG_20241011_163327_570.jpg
    IMG_20241011_163327_570.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 49

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
Some very impressive parts on that Facebook page, the throttle , cases , flywheel and cylinders look awesome , I am a really big fan of the Nikasil cylinders, I am also happy to see the replacement flywheel ring gears that is something that has been badly needed for some years now.

Jetskimann

Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Curious if the carbon flywheel cover is sealed and solid?
The magneto cover is made of many layers of carbon, using infusion technology. The bendix sleeve is precisely positioned. The cover contour, surface and holes are CNC machined. The whole thing is finally painted with clear varnish.

The cover is very stiff, the OEM gasket fits, you can also use glue for safety.

The cover is compatible with the OEM and TL flywheel.

weight is about 155 grams,

OEM weight is 420 grams.IMG_20241015_224412_701.jpgIMG_20241015_224440_002.jpg

Jetskimann

Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Will the cylinders work with oem SJ cases and crankshafts? Any videos of the skis in action with the engines?
At the moment we are finishing the correction work on 1200cc on Nikasil shaft +16. I think the next project could be e.g. 850cc or similar on Yamaha crankcase. The question is whether there would be interest in such a configuration?

I have photos, unfortunately no videos, currently it is almost winter.

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
At the moment we are finishing the correction work on 1200cc on Nikasil shaft +16. I think the next project could be e.g. 850cc or similar on Yamaha crankcase. The question is whether there would be interest in such a configuration?

I have photos, unfortunately no videos, currently it is almost winter.
Make a competition 900cc motor. There's a lot of us that like 900 power and reliability

E350

Site Supporter
We already have that in abundance. There is more money in 1200+ engines. Plus its easier to reduce power on a large one than it is to add power to a small one.

I think that I heard that Blue is on hiatus.

So who are the builders currently of ~800cc reliable nonstroked Yamaha-like engines?

E350

Site Supporter
We already have that in abundance. There is more money in 1200+ engines. Plus its easier to reduce power on a large one than it is to add power to a small one.

@kevbo I appreciate your knowledge and experience.

Is there any 1. weight difference and 2. reliability difference:

between a 1200cc engine which has power reduced compared to a ~800cc which is based on a smaller engine?

Also, seriously, it is my understanding that I heard that Blue is on hiatus.

So, if you would kindly mention at least a few of the builders currently of ~800cc reliable nonstroked Yamaha-like engines?

Anyone that can bore a cylinder can make an 800. An A/M power valve cyl is more difficult. They didn’t seem to sell enough of those to make it a lucrative business.

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
Engine reliability mostly has to do with crankshaft stroke, the longer the stroke the higher the piston speed , the higher the piston speed the faster it wears out the top end , plus the crankshaft has to be rebuilt way more often than a stock stroke engine.

E350

Site Supporter
So is an AM power valve cylinder stock stroke engine the best of both worlds?

Reliability and a Reasonable Power Increase?

This statement from @Jetskimann is what first got my attention:

"We made the crankshaft in various strokers, at the moment we will not make them any more.
The pistons with a diameter of 95 mm are made by wossner.
We cast the cylinders, then heat-treated, machined and apply nikasil"

Is there any downside to making a stock stroke large piston engine?

And will a power valve cylinder help or hurt the reliability or power out of a large piston stock stroke engine?

Last edited:
Top Bottom