Jetworks Cylinder Porting ?

Hey guys ,

Looking for info on Porting from Art from Jetworks. I've heard really good things and he is if not the best one of the top guys out there. I wanted to see if anyone had prior experiences with his work and what was their setups.

This winter I am thinking about putting together a package with ported cylinders , carb mods, and his Jetworks A Prop still staying in the 700 class. Don't need anything big that will kill my progression.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

westjon86

Blast eet!
I sent a bone stock 64X to Jetworks for porting that I had in a SN a couple years ago. Extremely happy with the results for a 760. Great all around power. Setup was with b-pipe, OEM 44s, solas mag with "A" prop. Have since moved on to his 850 superbore and love it too.

Last edited:
You won't be disappointed, great guy that does excellent work. I've had multiple 701's ported by him and am currently running his 5 mil 900.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

he did my 2014 701 and it ripped but did not like the prop ! sold the motor to florida free rider its in his rickter and he just loves how it runs!art does great work

mike b

Michael "Mayhem" Bevacqua aka MikeyChan
I would work with jet maniac before Art at Jet Works. F**k Art, cut corners, and practically a thief. Then again an agreement was made on paper, just a chity deal and no support post sale.

@JetManiac makes a great product. And reasonable prices. Always there for support to answer questions pretty and post sale. Knowledge about what prop you need to run and will make you a killer package

INDebtSJ

Having a VISION!
I would work with jet maniac before Art at Jet Works. F**k Art, cut corners, and practically a thief. Then again an agreement was made on paper, just a chity deal and no support post sale.

@JetManiac makes a great product. And reasonable prices. Always there for support to answer questions pretty and post sale. Knowledge about what prop you need to run and will make you a killer package
That has to be the first time I have ever seen a negative thing said about Jetworks. I am running a 7 mil 61x and love it.

mike b

@INDebtSJ There was something earlier this season when someone was having trouble with a cylinder they got work done by Art and tuning was way off. I have heard many good things about Art but I know of one person who will NEVER buy something from him as simple as a pair of spark plugs. I don't plan on going to a small motor again unless I do a surf boat with a 62t/61x and I will take my business to FL even though I'm only 3 hours away from Art. Faster responses and better service 3000 miles away from JM/Blue

INDebtSJ

Having a VISION!
Thats too bad. But yes JM/blue has a great reputation as well and would not hesitate to go with them.

@INDebtSJ There was something earlier this season when someone was having trouble with a cylinder they got work done by Art and tuning was way off. I have heard many good things about Art but I know of one person who will NEVER buy something from him as simple as a pair of spark plugs. I don't plan on going to a small motor again unless I do a surf boat with a 62t/61x and I will take my business to FL even though I'm only 3 hours away from Art. Faster responses and better service 3000 miles away from JM/Blue
That's also the first bad thing I've ever heard about Jetworks. He was a little hard to get on the phone post sale, but who isn't?
I've spent A lot of money with different companies and have yet to be blown away by customer service after I pay them..
JM is pretty much unbeatable though, your right about that.

They seem like a small company with too much business and not enough qualified employees sometimes. I had a rough time at points. I haven't run the motor I went through them for yet, but their pump tuning alone was a huge gain on my old 650.

They wanted me to email, but when I did I'd get no response for a week and call. then tell me to email next time. But I'd never get a response so I'd call, get things going again, then they wouldn't respond to an email. It was a drag.

I'll be running a jetworks ported x motor with a tuned pump and a protec pipe next year. I don't see it being anything but great once I have it all in the ski.

I would stay away from Art to, had a close buddy have Art do his 61x/62t for his x2 and spend loads of money on boring his 38s, ported, epoxied manifold and assembly and it never worked right. He didn't go the least bit out his way because he wasn't the big time rickter build that he is use to. It even had an air leak the first time he put it together. Long story short we pulled the motor and the epoxy job on the manifold was rushed and rough. Put a stock manifold on the ski with a lot of tuning and it ran good, more of a high rpm hit than low end grunt. My 61x was done by Bokyo racing (a great guy if you can handle his over excitement. Lol) and hits way harder with a single 46 with epic cdi. Another great option is holeshot/ HPE 809 that a few in our group are running and they have hard low end hit for the $$$ Matt is a true champ to work with to help get them tuned in and ripping.

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
I would recommend HPE for porting and motor needs.. Matt is definitely an awesome guy to work with and communication is second to none, along with his prices.. Plus his motors do hit very well!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

mike b

Don't forget larger companies too. I know TPE has ported a smaller motor before, forgot what size but Erik is super knowledgeable and will go out of his way to help you. Zach at PHP I have heard also worked or works on small 700s. Worth a shot. BTW Erik at TPE is a racing guy, although his motors are freestyle based he has been a racer forever so a good person to talk to for either variation of riding.

had a close buddy have Art do his 61x/62t for his x2 and spend loads of money on boring his 38s, ported, epoxied manifold and assembly and it never worked right. Long story short we pulled the motor and the epoxy job on the manifold was rushed and rough. Put a stock manifold on the ski with a lot of tuning and it ran good,

The sealing surface of the epoxied manifold they sent back with my jetworks 38 carbs was way out of flat, and there was no way it was ever going to seal to the cases. It looked like they had put it on a belt sander to clean up the epoxy work on the sealing surface, and in the process removed an 1/8" + of aluminum at each end of the manifold. Unfortunately, I was super busy at the time, and never got around to seeing if they would make it right. Every shop out there makes mistakes. It's how they handle their mistakes that makes the difference.

Top Bottom