Surfriding Joe Kenney

How is he doing 5 years after the tragic accident? I watched some videos with him, Inspiring man for the sport. I hope he is recovering well

I have not seen JK in about three years and I hope he continues to recover. I rode with him in Oside a few times waay back in the day. He is still a champion.

DangerBoy

Runs with scissors
Site Supporter
How is he doing 5 years after the tragic accident? I watched some videos with him, Inspiring man for the sport. I hope he is recovering well

Joe continues to be an inspiration to all
actually watched him slash a wave today

Attachments

• Joe Kenny Cg.jpg
    Joe Kenny Cg.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 529

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
2007-01-25_221530_joe_kenny_todos_photo_julia_b.jpg

http://www.blowsion.com/team/airforce/kenney/default.asp

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
I have all the old movies on DVD and still watch them from time to time. When it came to surf, Joe was always one of my favorites and I still remember getting my copy of Splash magazine with him on the cover with the Blue Bomber superjet. Such a badass combination.

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
I know he is a surf legend, but nothing else...can someone just outline his connection to jet skiing? What accidient did he have? Was it during riding?

Someone blindsided him with a punch or kick which put him on the ground and he hit his head in the fall which caused some serious damage including near blindness.

He did all that awesome riding on a reinforced stock hull and a very mild engine, none of that aftermarket stuff needed.

Marker Motorsports

Grip it and Rip it!
I don't think anyone will go as big as Joe went. An overall super nice guy, and still has great spirits for such a lame thing that was done to him. So glad to hear he was up in SB this weekend.

Im lucky to meet the man this weekend in s.b he tried to ride for the first time on stanton highs boat. But after a few minuts it was just too hard for him to see/read the waves from what i understand

Its all about the surf!
Does anyone have anymore pics of him when he rode Cortes bank?? This is the only pic I have ever seen.

Randy (Laine) who was also there on that trip, told me the photographers got a lot of footage but they are surfing magazine backed so they don't want to publish it because they don't want us (jetski surf riders) to get any glory/publicity. They want all the glory to go to the big wave tow surfers

Top Bottom