jumping posture

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
It's a pet peave of mine so I want to know what you guys think about it.

I hate the way it looks when people bend there knees while in the air, it drives me a little crazy. please be proud and stand straight for the camera, it looks way better.

The only reason I think people do it is for the landing. keep your legs straight, the ski will go underwater and it will be a cushy landing.

Last edited:

WAB

salty nuts
gary_coleman1.jpg

All Stock

Keyboard Freestyler
Yep, I have landed straight legged. I don't want to make a habit out of it. Hard on the knees and lower back. And that is if you land straight.

Plus, keeping my legs straight won't make me any prettier...

WaveDemon

I hear ya tim. Skidaddy and yamasaki are just jealous because their knees are bent in their avatars :biggrin:
right on mark, I alway new you were cooler than saki. it's about style saki, you wouldn't know about it.

ski daddy's isn't bad.

a staight leg tail first landing doesn't hurt at all. a bent leg flat hull landing hurts like a bitch.

Frosty

New York Crew
Demon, are you talking about this... if so, I do it from time to time up here on lake erie because sometimes it's so damn windy it's the only way to keep from landing upside down. I'll use my feet to pick up the tail while in the air, then let it back down just before landing.

Although, now that I am "attempting" BFs, I might not need to do it as much... LOL :rolleyes: yeah, ok.... :1244:

btw... I've had the old nut sack slapped quite hard during a tail landing.

Attachments

• frosty100406c.jpg
    frosty100406c.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 123
  • frosty09242006e.JPG
    frosty09242006e.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 121
Demon, are you talking about this... if so, I do it from time to time up here on lake erie because sometimes it's so damn windy it's the only way to keep from landing upside down. I'll use my feet to pick up the tail while in the air, then let it back down just before landing.

Although, now that I am "attempting" BFs, I might not need to do it as much... LOL :rolleyes: yeah, ok.... :1244:

btw... I've had the old nut sack slapped quite hard during a tail landing.

pic # 1 is a ********ty feeling.......you know you hit the wave pretty hard.........but whats going to hit the water first.....

SMACK! your back and azz.....

WaveDemon

tim, i know what youre talking about...

imagine randy laine airing out huge....legs straight, leaning forward...almost like ski jumping position..

werd.

obviously all that goes out the window when in surf stance.

what looks better? doing a no-hander legs straight, back arched, head up, arms straight out or. knees bent, arms bent, back arched.... you get the point.

knees bent lends it's self to flat landings and smaller jumps.

Y

yamaslut

Demon.... that has been a huge, huge pet peave of mine.... I ********ing hate when people jump and it looks like they are taking a ********.... horrible, just horrible... Your legs should never be bent when you jump... the mear thought of it make me want to slap someone...

Daytona_ride_41506_046.jpg

hail satan

DSC01395-01.jpg

Frosty

New York Crew
werd.

obviously all that goes out the window when in surf stance.

what looks better? doing a no-hander legs straight, back arched, head up, arms straight out or. knees bent, arms bent, back arched.... you get the point.

knees bent lends it's self to flat landings and smaller jumps.

well yeah, certain tricks look waaaaay cool when done with correct form... sometimes conditions don't lend themselves to perfect form though. but I do agree... straight leg form looks much better...

Right on Slutty.. nice pic... I love that no hander shot... like you're paying homege to the surf gods!!!

Attachments

• new1.JPG
    new1.JPG
    20 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
I think knees bent leads to bigger jumps, your ski pivots around the motor more or less so when you jump and bend your legs the back of the ski comes up higher, making it look like your jumping higher. Of course I am stuck to flat water and will take every inch I can get. In the surf sure, just point and shoot, more gas=more air not as much technique required to get the ski to come off the water

Top Bottom