just bought a blaster

cycojon

addicted to my superjet
i just got a B1. its got a blackjack carb, FP limited pipe, and protec rec head.

i looked at the cases and cyl. case has 6M6 casting marks and the cyl has no casting marks that i can see, on my other two skis with 61x cyl's the 61x mark is casted between the cyl's on the carb side. so i don't think its an X cyl... but what could it be?

so is this a 650 or 701 motor?

the owner didn't seem to know much about motors in general, he says the motor is all stock except the head...

so if this is a 650, and its stock except the head (145 psi) how much of a difference would i notice from changing it out to a stock 701 61x/61x using this carb and pipe.

i guess if i did swap in a 61x/61x i would need a FP exhaust mani for the 61x cyl right?

cycojon

addicted to my superjet
yeah, its 6m6 on the upper case.

i have a 61x/61x stock motor in my other B1.

i could swap, But, would the exhaust bolt up? i hear the ports are different. but are the bolt patterns the same? the guy says along time ago his B1 got stolen, he only got the motor back... it was a 95'

he says the motor in this B1 is the one he got back... i think he got A motor back but not HIS motor back, and he just didn't know.

so if the exhaust will bolt up then all i have to do is swap motors, he said when he bought the pipe he asked for one for a waveblaster and it bolted right up. so maybe he has a 61X FP mani on a 6M6 cyl??? is that possible?

Top Bottom