Just got 93 blaster.... Ideas please !

image.jpeg so just got a stock blaster. Hull in great shape. I want to do a conversion over winter. Has protec grate and plate. Looking to make it into an animal. Any pics? Suggesting? Pictures? Open to anything u guys like and recommend . Sky's the limit! Been wanting this baby for 20yrs. I hate to say it, but made me not like my rickter as much lol. Crazy how a 22 ur old ski can bring the same fun if not more than rickter almost 20 times the cost . Thanks!

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
You should specify what kind of conversion you are looking to do. Limited spec boat, chopped surf boat, full mod 1100 race boat, etc.

Nice ski! Here's mine.
8a4c5ba22722811f80c2022799b92499.jpg

I'm kind of torn of which direction to go. I'd say I'll be 50/50 lake and surf. I'd like to rocker it, but with gp spec and more races popping up, I think that could be a blast too. My rickter is set for essentially freeride/style . So I have that covered. but doesn't mean I can't have two for that. That's y I'm curious to see what everyone is doing or what direction they are going in. I think right now figuring out best motor conversion. So, I guess I really didn't answer the question . I'd like to see some options and the capability of them. Hoping I see something and say, yup that's the one . Let's do that!

I race my blaster in the sport spec class and also ride the surf with it. I don't try barrel rolls or flips, so no need to rocker my ski. It's super fun the way it is. Also, I hear the rockered skis don't do as well on the lake as they get wobbly at higher speeds - just my 2 cents.

Woops, wrong thing pasted.

Very nice pickup on the blaster. I have also wanted one since they came out in 93 and I got lucky finding a very low hour bone stock 95 that is immaculate. This is my 1st ski since 99 when I was racing expert pro stock 785 at age 16. I bought it 2 weeks ago and have been loving it riding every other day. I threw some MX bars I had laying around on it last night but to my surprise I have not had any luck finding anyone with a bunch of 701 aftermarket items laying around theyd sell me. This is my first post and Im very happy to finally find a forum with some guys with blaster knowledge. I am not ready to go all out like OP but I am wanting some input on how to spend the 6-700$ budget I have for this summer. Thanks in advance. Here are some pictures.

If I had $6-700 and a stock blaster, I would put a factory or riva pipe on it. That's the best mod for a stock ski, IMHO. That and a ride plate.

Interested in what the other guys here think.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
I race my blaster in the sport spec class and also ride the surf with it. I don't try barrel rolls or flips, so no need to rocker my ski. It's super fun the way it is. Also, I hear the rockered skis don't do as well on the lake as they get wobbly at higher speeds - just my 2 cents.
Is that the ski from Youngstown OH Craislist?
Is that the ski from Youngstown OH Craislist?
Woops, wrong thing pasted.

Very nice pickup on the blaster. I have also wanted one since they came out in 93 and I got lucky finding a very low hour bone stock 95 that is immaculate. This is my 1st ski since 99 when I was racing expert pro stock 785 at age 16. I bought it 2 weeks ago and have been loving it riding every other day. I threw some MX bars I had laying around on it last night but to my surprise I have not had any luck finding anyone with a bunch of 701 aftermarket items laying around theyd sell me. This is my first post and Im very happy to finally find a forum with some guys with blaster knowledge. I am not ready to go all out like OP but I am wanting some input on how to spend the 6-700$ budget I have for this summer. Thanks in advance. Here are some pictures.
I bought the rickter last year which is nuts, but like you it's been years. I had a 95 bought new and then sold when I got a superjet. When I got on the blaster yesterday I went back in time and loved it. I'm afraid rickter will not get as many hours this year.

Thanks for input! Anyone want to post a build sheet I'd love to see it. If not too much trouble . Thanks!

View attachment 308898 View attachment 308899 View attachment 308899 View attachment 308895 View attachment 308896 View attachment 308897 View attachment 308898 View attachment 308899 View attachment 308895 View attachment 308896 View attachment 308897 View attachment 308898 View attachment 308899 View attachment 308895 View attachment 308896 View attachment 308897 View attachment 308898 View attachment 308899

I bought the rickter last year which is nuts, but like you it's been years. I had a 95 bought new and then sold when I got a superjet. When I got on the blaster yesterday I went back in time and loved it. I'm afraid rickter will not get as many hours this year.

Thanks for input! Anyone want to post a build sheet I'd love to see it. If not too much trouble . Thanks!

Sorry for double up pics.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
Thats one clean boat. If you were local, I'd try to trade my stocker for yours so you can chop up something that already needs paint.

If I had $6-700 and a stock blaster, I would put a factory or riva pipe on it. That's the best mod for a stock ski, IMHO. That and a ride plate.

Interested in what the other guys here think.

Paulk1 I definitely relate when you say you feel like you are going back in time. That is how my whole experience has been since I began searching for something and ready to buy to backing it in and having to beach it while i parked the jeep. My summers 93-99 were spent on the water and when I wasnt on the water I was going over in my head what mod my XP needed going off the info I picked up in personal watercraft illustrated/SPLASH. I still have just about every round of the IJSBA tour taped on vhs including the world finals from 94-97 . Ha, I would write the times and dates down by referring to my grandmothers TV Guide so I could record them. I went from doing a local Tennessee race on a stock xp to getting a sponsor, mechanic, and 2 full mod boats with the plans to hit enough rounds to qualify for expert 785 world finals. Bo Dupriest was helping us and I was riding with Tom Bonnacci. Well hat plan did not happen and the year was a disaster but it wasnt because I wasnt because we werent fast enough. Nothing worked with us only against us but I really believe I would have moved up to pro that next year if we didnt face so many circumstances. Sorry for all the reminiscing but that has been happening alot since deciding to buy a ski. Razorback, so you just painted the stock steering unit it looks like? That is what i was planning to do. I assumed prices on exhaust and other mods I wanted would have gone down since the 90s but no, they havent moved a bit. You mentiobned the riva pipe, there is one on ebay for 500 and it is the dry pipe. I remember the factory pipe ECWI ads with the big chested and big haired blonde with Hotter is faster, Wetter is quicker written above the description of electronically controlled water injection, Anyone remember these? Does the B1 pipe have this? There is a coffmans pipe for 265 on there and I remeber reading it is more for top speed. Would this be worth considering? Yes i want the best performance gains but I am not racing and not trying to put alot of money into this thing. Where can I find a billet throttle? Is the hydro turf material I see people putting around the ski as a bumper a kit or are they just cutting it? I will most likely start a thread with these questions. What ride plate and is the tdr waterbox for slightly modded machines worth looking into if i decide to hold off on exhaust?

Love the reminiscing! I have Pro taper wide bars on my B1. If you don't want to race, a dry pipe is fine. You can get a billet throttle (and many mods) on Blowsion's website and eBay. My bumper kit was cut and installed by prior owner. Riva Groovy ride plate is great. I have an R&D ride plate that's okay. Make sure you have a bilge pump as blasters can tend to fill up w water. I run a rule 500.

Top Bottom