SX/SXi/SXi Pro Kawasaki 750 hydroturf mod

I want to see pictures of your jet ski with hydro turf mats because some mods need to be do . Thank you to all and scuse me for my bad english writing :shocked1:

Thanks . I think I too will block the entry of instincteur and I was afraid to join the hood with the hydro turf, I did not want space. You are very good with the hydroturf ;)

98SXIPRO

One Of A K1nd
i had to cut the rear Fire Extinguisher out when in installed footholds. i didnt wrap the hydroturf around the old holes. i had to fiberglass over them first. and then hydroturfed over that.
0123011634.jpg

IMG_2341.jpg

IMG_2340.jpg

IMG_2339.jpg

IMG_2332.jpg

IMG_2333.jpg

Do yourself a favor and put in footholds first, even if you dont think you need them yet you will be happy you did it. make sure you run some mat under the tray and sides too. I used 5mm on the sides and 8mm on the bottom, wish I would have used thicker mat on the bottom now.
Also you will need to glass in the rear holes. I used stiched inserts for my digger holds and just turfed up to them, holding up good so far. I wouldnt waste your money on two color turf, it wears off the top layer fast.

98SXIPRO

One Of A K1nd
not bad, but with that kit, it will leave u with a bunch of unwanted seams (looks sloppy) if ur just turfing it for a practical sense(traction), then its perfect.. love that green and black....(btw SXIPRO02, got my factory pipe installed....so much low end now, and the pipe isn't even sizzling yet!!!..too bad my handle pole broke..lol)

98SXIPRO

One Of A K1nd
I've got 8mm padding on the entire tray and sides and completely covering the inside of the foot holds, i then put 25mm padding on top of that and cut/sanded it out to drop it down into the holds..
0202012213.jpg

98SXIPRO

One Of A K1nd
to glue down ur bilge pump use a 2 part epoxy (they sell at hardware stores. looks like a large syringe) Devcon 2-Ton Epoxy for fiberglass. to glue the hydro turf get DAP Welwood (red can) contact cement. apply it to the back side of the hydro trurf and also to the ski...let it dry (about 10-15mins) use a heat gun or a hair dryer to warm up the turf (will make it easier to manipulate/stretch/form. and then stick it to the ski. u only get 1 shot at it...once it makes contact....thats where its staying. take your time and make it look nice. if u need help/advice....were always here to help

tom21

havin fun
for the price of that kit you can buy 2 sheets of turf, if you screw it up you can do it over. make paper templates and cut out the turf larger and keep cutting it down until you have a good fit.

sxipro02

Nice looking turf, am gonna do the same to mine soon, just wondering how many sheets and what size did you use to do the whole ski and side mouldings?
thanks

Top Bottom