Super Jet Kawi 650 pipe mod question

Ok so I have a SN I picked up and just got a free 650 motor to go in the SN hull while I rebuild the locked up 701 motor. I wanted to have some fun with this and see the kawi 650 exhaust mod that I seen people put on their motors. Well the 650 motor came with a coffman exhaust and a skat 9-17 impeller that I am also going to add on the SN. Well the coffman was on a wave runner and it's the style that wraps around the front of the motor and only way to make it fit was to bypass the water box. I was thinking of doing that since it is rear exhaust. Well I didn't want to take away from the back pressure and possibly take away from the low end.

I have a stock 650 x2 that I can pull the exhaust from and do the swap with the coffman manifold. I also have a jet pro pipe that has a larger chamber then the stock pipe. Well is the larger chamber going to help me on the low end or take away from it? Trying to see which route to go with either pipe when I drop in the 650 in it. Eventually the pipe is going to be on the 701 and match the porting on it when the time comes. Just want to see which way would be best to go with right now with the 650 I am using for now. Any feed would help me out on what to do with this SN for now.

What would I need to mod to use the 650sx pipe? I thought it would bolt right up to the manifold and use the same 3 bolt mounts.

i was worried that the pipe might not fit between the motor and the gas tank so I was looking at the kawi pipe swap.

Easiest thing to do would be use the Coffman pipe and run an inline silencer, unless you mod that 650SX pipe it won't run very well

http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=383462

I know that a Westcoast kawi 650 cone will work if the coupler area is shimmed up from 4.5 to 5 inches, I wrapped one with fiberglass and worked for years. An old Seadoo cone would be ideal if they are 5", I never measured one. Using a stock Kawasaki 650 exhaust wont do much for performance where as that Sizzler is close to modern wet pipes. Using a small inline silencer without a waterbox is much too loud, but when did that ever stop anyone.

Last edited:
Well if the stock pipe is not going to do much to help me how about this one? This is the jet pro pipe I was talking about as well. I have both of them that I can use and this one for sure is going to be sticking around. The stock pipe is off an x2 I am trying to sell and wanted to just use while I still owned the x2. This one is larger then the stock one and is off a 750 motor I put in my x2. Right now I have to heli coil the manifold and mess with the jetting on my 750 motor so I figure I would use it if it's there. I don't mind running an inline silencer but I also don't want to be screaming while I am riding around. The x2 is pretty loud with the 750 motor the jet pro pipe and pjs water box on it but I could imagine that the 650 motor would be louder. I have to get a picture of the coffman to help figure what pipe it is.
IMG_20111103_210809.jpg

Well here is the coffman pipe I have currently.
IMG_1258.jpg

Top Bottom