Laserman

World's Fastest TYPHOON
Greetings!

Can someone give me a good comparison between these engines:

Dual SBN44 750cc Kawi small pin engine.

Dual SBN44 760cc Yami engine.

Laserman

World's Fastest TYPHOON
Bueller.........Bueller..........Bueller...

Doesn't anyone have knowledge of BOTH engines?

I have the option of installing EITHER one of these set-ups in my ski.

The YAMI 760cc is already set up on a KAWI bedplate.

If there's not going to be a noticeable difference, I'll stay with the KAWI setup - I already have spare parts. (electrical, starters, etc.)

Yami-Rider

TigerCraft FV-PRO
I would go for the 760 Yamaha just because 750 Kawi's weren't know for there reliability.

Speed wise i would think they would be about the same but idk.

jetski9010

Team RTYD
I have a 1992 750sx with a waterbox and prop and it gets beat by a 650 superjet with budget mods done. I also have a 760 superjet that will kill the 750sx

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
JJC568 just swapped his ported and piped 750 for an unported 701 with a b-pipe and has tons more power so if a basic limited 701 is better, anything with more power over that is even better yet.

I love my 760 but I've ridden some pretty insane 701's too.

Laserman

World's Fastest TYPHOON
Thanks for the input guys!

All it would really take to do the swap is a day's labor and some wire splicing (start\stop and lanyard.)

But the ski is running GREAT, and I just installed a nice pump, so I am going to do some time with the new pump this weekend to get a "baseline" before the swap.

Then I will have to throw it in there, and see what it does.

I guess cramming a YAMI 760 into a Kawasaki ski won't be the ONLY reason I'm going to hell.....

Laserman

World's Fastest TYPHOON
I still say the deal killer on the swap is the Kawi pump.

I have a Stainless Steel 6-vein pump with an R&D stuffer and a IMPROS hooker 12/17 cutback prop.

04inside22.jpg

02side.jpg

Power potential is about the same providing an equal quality pipe is used. Going forward the Yamaha will be easier to support. I still have a sweet 750 engine but its my last one because of parts prices/availability.

Laserman

World's Fastest TYPHOON
Very nice! What dia. and what pitch prop?

It's a big-hub prop, so the hub is 75mm. I believe the pump is 140mm. 12/17 pitch.

The prop was made for an SXR I think, and it had to be modified to fit properly in the 650-based pump.

The water test is today.

Laserman

World's Fastest TYPHOON
I thought I'd put some follow-up on the pump, since I mentioned it here...

I put the pump into my 92 Sport Cruiser. If you've never seen it, here's some pics so you won't think I'm wasting the pump on a "regular' ski:

Twins2.jpg

DSCN1636.jpg

The pump is awesome! The ski JUMPS up on plane. The hole shot is as good as my ULTRA150.

The current dual SBN38 650cc powerplant has no problem spinning the 12/17.

The pump stuffer makes a BIG difference. I couldn't MAKE the thing cavitate!

I'm thinking the prop could be steeper. Especially when I upgrade to the 750 or 760 platform.

I just need to decide which one to do!

like always really depends on what you are trying to accomplish with the ski. eventhough i'm a kawi guy from day 1 the yami motors are no comparison for bottom end power. really need to put a lot of work into a 750 to make it perform like a stock yami down low. i've never ridden a 760 but the 701s i've been very impressed with them. currently putting together a big pin bottom end with SS Xi cylinders (best port timing) sleeper kit, factory pipe, twin 42 keihins, should be interesting to see how she performs this summer. and as for reliablity my 750 i've ridden for a long time and put hard hours on it, finally took it apart for the sleeper kit, the crank and top end was still in good shape, i'm always fixing my older 650's but the 750s i've had hardly any problems the last decdade.

diesel

Top Bottom