300/440/550 Kill switch conversion

Rushford_Ripper

Site Supporter
Anyone know how to easily change out the old killswitch with a new lanyard one? I bought 2 units for my '84 and '86 js550s but they didn't come with instructions. Any help is greatly appreciated.

The side by side switch 550 style the face plate can be swapped in 1min. John at RCJS has the face plate for $25.
The X2 face plate swaps out with the TS. I have one if your looking pm me.

i just ordered the face plate for the lanyard kill switch from kawasakipartshouse.net it's the only place i could find any aside from ebay and they were way high price. i believe i got one that was made to fit the 93 750SS. it's under the handlebar listing. part # 32099. i won't ride without one so the $72 was worth spending for a new one since I have had a ski run across the lake from me before and crash into the rocks. I've used this part before to put a lanyard on our 650sx.

Tyler Zane

Open Your Eyes
i have searched and cant seem to find one for a 92 550 sx...

i know mine will not turn around for :):):):). i dont like to let other people ride it for that fact. i can normally hang on to it but would like to have a lanyard. any direct links? please and thank you

ger87410

How did I get here?
br3tt wrote:
All you do is replace the front faceplate of the start/stop switch. the sxr plate is interchangable and from $17.95-$22.50 (plus you have to buy the lanyard) for black. but i love it especially on my lake which gets crrrrazy. then you dont have to worry about it circling at all!

Worked for me. Pretty sure the faceplate I got from Ass Joel was an sxr plate. Works perfect.

Top Bottom