Klotz r 50 question

modularjunk

day dreaming
Site Supporter
Anyone mix gas premixed with klotz r50 with other premixed gas with no issues? I want to switch one of my skis to a cheaper semi-synthetic oil like Penzoil marine but I have been running Klotz r50 in it. I dont want to have to drain the tank. Are they compatible or will they separate and make a oily mess ? I know when we used to run caster oil we could not mix in other premixed gas because they would separate.

Also in case I mix up gas cans by accident I don not want to worry. Just running only r50 in all my skis is getting really expensive. :-(

Last edited:
I mix klotz and 927 every tank. I like Castor 927 but I do not like that it doesn't have any colorant in it. So I can't ever tell if my gas is mixed or not, So I add half klotz to it

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
If you're desperate you can always tell by dipping your fingers in it and feeling how slippery it is.. And there's a good chance it'll smell different than regular gas.

Just add your oil to your can before you leave the house. Or make you some tags that say "Oil Added" or "No oil added"

I know. I know. I have only one jug that I really use. I just can't get past the chance that if I forgot it would ruin my year. And sometimes I don't use all my fuel one weekend so it might set for a week in the can and then I really can't remember what I did. So it just gets dumped in my zero turn lawn mower. Makes mowing smell awesome. er.

DAG

Yes, my balls tickled from that landing
I’ve read that leaded fuel is a self-lubricant. I ended up buying a block of lead on eBay that I keep in my tank. This way I can run straight fuel that become leaded fuel and I never need to worry about mixing oil. I was skeptical at first but ran it on a stock 550 for years without issue; now I run it in everything. Just remember every winter you need to replace the lead. It gets stuck to the bottom of the tank but just pull on it as hard as I’m pulling your leg and it’ll come out

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
I’ve read that leaded fuel is a self-lubricant. I ended up buying a block of lead on eBay that I keep in my tank. This way I can run straight fuel that become leaded fuel and I never need to worry about mixing oil. I was skeptical at first but ran it on a stock 550 for years without issue; now I run it in everything. Just remember every winter you need to replace the lead. It gets stuck to the bottom of the tank but just pull on it as hard as I’m pulling your leg and it’ll come out
Thank you for the good laugh.

Top Bottom