Lee Stone performing at Sea World Australia for the next 6 weeks

Butch Aus 95

Born again Freestyler
Jetski Freestyle seven days a week.....
Big Congrats to multiple Australian freestyle surf champ Jon Cooke. Not only did he get married and miss the Rip'N Ride this year but he has managed to organise the largest freestyle exhibition this sport has ever seen in Aus. From 16th December 2010 to 24 Jan 2011, John Cooke and his team, Comprising of Cayle Beauchamp, Mitch Braidy, Luke Omore and the 2010 World Freestyle Champ Lee Stone. They will be performing jetski freestyle routines at Sea World on the Gold Coast. If all goes well, there are plans in place to extend their show for 3 years which will require auditions for extra pro riders to take part. Congrats again Jon.....Well done.

Attachments

• seaworldposter.jpg
    seaworldposter.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 99
Last edited by a moderator:

Its all about the surf!
Congrats guys! How does the surf community in OZ view surf riders? Here in the US they pretty much hates us.

SuziQ

Banned
That great! It was nice to hear the excited responses as well, and it makes me think that extension you mention should be obtainable! Maybe some of the Sea World’s around here will take notice and then do the same!

tightithrash

Zack Bright. I Thrash.
Site Supporter
please extend the show. please hire me..... please.

god damn that was awesome. john is an amazing rider and "cool as". lee.....dude that guy is awesome. huge huge huge.

how awesome would it be to ride the show and then hit the surf on the way home......aaaaaaaaahhhh!

Australian surfers probably dislike stand up jet skiers as much as the do in America though as i do a bit of both i think it's ridiculous.

that's a video of some guys i ski with fending of a surfer. Notice at the start how he tries to sink my cousins X2

tightithrash

Zack Bright. I Thrash.
Site Supporter
to me every one out there is stoked on it. its legal. and theres great ski shops super close. its frekin bitchen out there. cant wait to go back.

FlightPlanDan

Don'tTrustAfartAfter50
Australian surfers probably dislike stand up jet skiers as much as the do in America though as i do a bit of both i think it's ridiculous.

that's a video of some guys i ski with fending of a surfer. Notice at the start how he tries to sink my cousins X2

That vid's been around for a while....

Mutual respect is important. Sometimes people don't act like human beings. Who's there first means a lot on any break.

However, if that kind of crap is going on at Sea World, Austrailia just took second place to Belize in the "places to go when the U.S. craps out" lol

DangerBoy

Runs with scissors
Site Supporter
That vid's been around for a while....

Mutual respect is important. Sometimes people don't act like human beings. Who's there first means a lot on any break.

However, if that kind of crap is going on at Sea World, Austrailia just took second place to Belize in the "places to go when the U.S. craps out" lol

across the sand spit and a bit south from sea world, is south Strabroke island
Probably one on the best places on earth to ride a ski
and you wouldn't believe the channel crossing the surfers have to paddle across to get there, they in fact prefer jet skis to take them over (But they still hate on us)
all in all there is less people in all of Australia than there is in So cal, so there are waves for everyone. but south stradie is one of the top spots in the world for me

your quite right. Mutual respect is very important but for some reason, some people feel that they are higher than others just because they are a majority. in this case my cousin plus 3 or 4 friends got there before the surfer. the surfer rocked up and expected everyone else to vanish because he's a local or something and then when they didn't he tried to sink a $4000 ski.
Even so, i was a bit annoyed that they broke his board because he's going to go home and show everyone what "those jet skiiers" did to him which obviously doesn't make us look good.

Not all surfers are that arrogant though, just this bloke.

FlightPlanDan

Don'tTrustAfartAfter50
I wish I could ride there. But it's not likely.

Surfers like our ride spot. Especially when it's big.
There are multiple breaks, and we try to give the surfers 100 yards or so..

But, we're not gonna sit on the beach cause there are a few surfers out there.

They see us getting waves, cause we can run to them. They are at the mercy of what shows up in front of them. They paddle over to where we are and bitch cause we are there. Then we ride the waves that they left behind and they bitch about that.

In any case, Lee Stone and the show at the Aussie Sea World rocks!

SXIPro

JM781 Big Bore
I love the little kid's take on it..."I think it was pretty much the best thing I ever saw". That is so awesome especially considering he was at SeaWorld. Shamu must have been pissed.....

You know the little chap is already begging his folks for a ski.

Proformance1

Liquid Insanity
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
killer vid, thanks for posting. Hopefully this will expose more poeple to stand ups, and the future of our sport.

Top Bottom